Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
He has some good videos, but I *THINK* he made one (once upon a time) stating that
"Of course lighter BBs travel further" and he symbolized this by throwing a small stone, and a really heavy stone and of course the small stone went further... Perhaps it was the other way around with the heavy stone going further? Either way, I couldn't help but sit there thinking "this is wrong".

It put me off watching his videos, that and I prefer game-play videos to tutorials.

That being said, I have used some of his information regarding concealment in game- and I thank him for that.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You're right.

To be fair, I keep stumbling upon his videos, and before I know it, I've watched him for 20mins. He knows a lot of useful information, especially regarding concealment.

EDIT:

Also, after re-watching the "testing different weights" video of his, I agree with his theory in essence. He doesn't say that a lighter or heavier BB "goes further". He says: "There's an optimal weight BB for a specific powered rifle" - yeah. Too light will go nowhere and too heavy will go nowhere. A normal distribution curve of weight against distance.

Apologies, I don't know where I got the idea that he was wrong from. I'm putting words in his mouth.

·
Registered
427 Posts
30 mins later... and I'm still watching his videos. He's kinda addictive.

The video below made me giggle. I love how he states "I've stalked people" at 12:24. And because they were looking in different direction and because he's moved quietly, he wasn't spotted...

Of course, it HELPS if the other person thinks you're on his team, as quite clearly stated.

Pointers about airsoft sniping and can you vanish with out a ghillie?? - YouTube

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd like to throw in that this is why I edited my post with an apology at the end.

I re-watched it and also realized he was correct too. I don't know where I got the "he's wrong" thing from, and again, sorry for that.

He's always very careful to say that a gun with "more power" (he never says fps) will generally shoot further than a gun with less power, making me believe he knows a lot more about energy creep than he is letting on to his Youtube followers. It's a secret only the l33t keep :p

·
Registered
427 Posts
This is actually not correct with the current weight of BBs we have. A .43 and a .36 at .9J (which is 212 FPS and 232 FPS respectively) will both travel about 210 feet flat, the .43 is actually a flatter trajectory than the .36.

If we get into .66 then this becomes true. a .66 at .9J (171 FPS) will only travel about 150 feet. The reason is that the hopup takes effect pretty much straight from the barrel instead of at a distance because of the slow speed.

But since we don't have .66 yet, using .43g BBs is 150% time better than using any other BB at the same Joules.
You're probably right in theory, or according to your secret equation, but in practice I've seen over and over again a gun fires better, flatter and further with a "middle" weight.

I know that my personal rifle fires MUCH nicer with .4s than it does with .43s or .2s.

And I've yet to come across any rifle that can accurately hit 210ft (70m) with flat trajectory whilst firing .4gram BBs under .9joules.

It looks good on paper, but these results just seem so... un-achievable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.