Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Correct.
What he is saying is that there is a point to where the heavier bb's will be a disadvantage. So heavy bb's are good to a point and then you may go over the optimum point and they may be a disadvantage.
This is actually not correct with the current weight of BBs we have. A .43 and a .36 at .9J (which is 212 FPS and 232 FPS respectively) will both travel about 210 feet flat, the .43 is actually a flatter trajectory than the .36.

If we get into .66 then this becomes true. a .66 at .9J (171 FPS) will only travel about 150 feet. The reason is that the hopup takes effect pretty much straight from the barrel instead of at a distance because of the slow speed.

But since we don't have .66 yet, using .43g BBs is 150% time better than using any other BB at the same Joules.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The RPMs are both in the 70,000 - 80,000 range which is actually pretty slow. Usually at 1.5J it's about 90,000 or so.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Go try it if you don't believe me. It will of course be moved by the wind a lot so you have to test inside or on a non windy day but feel free to test and record to prove my equations wrong :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
You're probably right in theory, or according to your secret equation, but in practice I've seen over and over again a gun fires better, flatter and further with a "middle" weight.

I know that my personal rifle fires MUCH nicer with .4s than it does with .43s or .2s.

And I've yet to come across any rifle that can accurately hit 210ft (70m) with flat trajectory whilst firing .4gram BBs under .9joules.

It looks good on paper, but these results just seem so... un-achievable?
This means that the higher weight BBs are probably not well formed or it was windy. Again my equation is for ideal conditions with no wind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.