Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
He has some good videos, but I *THINK* he made one (once upon a time) stating that
"Of course lighter BBs travel further" and he symbolized this by throwing a small stone, and a really heavy stone and of course the small stone went further... Perhaps it was the other way around with the heavy stone going further? Either way, I couldn't help but sit there thinking "this is wrong".

It put me off watching his videos, that and I prefer game-play videos to tutorials.

That being said, I have used some of his information regarding concealment in game- and I thank him for that.
He did, and while he might not be correct, he does make some nice videos.:tup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
This is actually not correct with the current weight of BBs we have. A .43 and a .36 at .9J (which is 212 FPS and 232 FPS respectively) will both travel about 210 feet flat, the .43 is actually a flatter trajectory than the .36.

If we get into .66 then this becomes true. a .66 at .9J (171 FPS) will only travel about 150 feet. The reason is that the hopup takes effect pretty much straight from the barrel instead of at a distance because of the slow speed.

But since we don't have .66 yet, using .43g BBs is 150% time better than using any other BB at the same Joules.
I'm a fair bit interested in the rotation speed, that is used to to calculate the trajectory in the case of .43 at 212fps and .36 at 232fps.

I hope you will share the info. :shot:

·
Registered
558 Posts
The RPMs are both in the 70,000 - 80,000 range which is actually pretty slow. Usually at 1.5J it's about 90,000 or so.
My calculations say that you use the exit speed of the bb, to calculate the rpm(As in the Airsoft Trajectory Project).

But I'm convinced, that the you/we need to use the speed as the bb leaves the hopup, to get a more correct result.
As the hopup is the biggest factor in creating rotation(There are other factors according to the Airsoft Trajectory Project).
And the bb haven't had time to accelerate to the exit speed at that point.

Edit: I also wrote about it on http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=2221.msg133580#msg133580
I got some numbers in that thread.

Also good night and happy new year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.