Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just want to know if everyone has experienced hate because you want to snipe at your field. It sucks for me, everytime I think about sniping I get the best feeling in the world. It's just there is so many people telling me being an airsoft sniper is worthless and there is no point etc... what would you say to those people? Has anyone had to go through this?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I play a game with them and hose them all ;)

They are all saying that because they get the little kids that want to be uber leet sniperz. All they do is run off and hide and provide nothing to the game.

But a good sniper will help the team out a ton.

This has happened a bit to me.... but everytime when we play people want to know more about the rifle after I take an entire team out.

You could invite them to play a sniper hunt game. You go out into the field and have the rest hunt you. That will change there minds quick, if you do things right.

·
Registered
807 Posts
to add on to what woogie said:

being a sniper is 90% tactics and 10% actual equipment (or something like that, but you get the idea). the reason that the typical airsofter doesnt appreciate a sniper is because they dont understand the tactics, all that they see is someone with a souped up single shot gun while hey have AEGs at 400 (or in the case with my games 500). lets face it the hardware difference is pretty small. snipers take better care of their guns and good ones have tuned their guns so that they have better accuracy and consistancy. but the same FPS and range can be attained by a sniper and a normal AEG, especially if you play at an unregulated field.

so an effective airsoft sniper has to rely on tactics and concealment more than anything else. you have to take that one shot and make it count, without being seen, move wash and repeat. if you can master that then they'll stop talking smack ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.