Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day one I have had NOTHING but bad lucky with Airsoft. I have had to fix things myself sense day one. Right now I have a zip-tie holding my stock to the rifle because the center body/stock screwhole got stripped. Electrical tape holding in my rear trigger screw in because the recieve screwhole stripped.

Now I am fighting a battle I have been fighting for awhile now. Hop-up nubbing. I have a Guarder black-bucking but it didnt come with a nubbing.

My rifle is a Maruzen APS-2 SV. It has a PDI Hop-up chamber that came with a nubbing that was split and Redwolf said I would have had to ship it back to them on my cost and pay for shipping back to me at my cost just for a new one of those. So I used it till it fell apart. I had a pen-tube in there but it was not flexible enough and was making my BBs go skyward. I used some rolled up electrical tape AND IT WORKED GREAT! But, it worked great for about 1 hour then the pressure from the hop-up bars on the tap caused it to squish up and now provides NO hop.

I need help guys. Im honestly thinking about quitting. I have got nothing but problems time and time again. I love this sport but I have put the little money I get into the sport and I recieve nothing back from it. :-/

Whats a good nubbing replacement? Ive been thinking about getting some 100% silicone plumbing caulk and making a new one. If someone has a micrometer and could measure a PDI nubbing so I have something to go off of that would be great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have dropped around 900$ on this rifle and its help together with zipties and tape... its frustrating.

I have found some screws that are a little bigger in diameter/same length so that I can retap the holes. The last part of this equation is the nubbing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I feel your pain brother. Maruzens bolt receiver is made out of crappy metal and the screwholes get stripped easily. I would recomend you to buy another bolt receiver. You could fix your screws by puting some epoxy on the screwholes. Then you drill a little hole to the epoxy and screw the screw back to it's place. The epoksy thread will hold somewhat good. Also you could drill a biger hole and make new threads with thread tap. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
A rifle ain't a proper rifle until its got a zip tie and black tape holding it together somewhere ;)

Top tip for the nub....

You need a 3mm thick O ring.....

Cut a 4mm section from it.....

Using some heavy grease stick it to your hop arm with the internal curve of the ring facing where the BB will pass.....

Fit arm back in hop unit.....

Go and set it up for you chosen ammo ;)

Its all I had in my M24 for 3 years and was as accurate as fek, and a similar thing is being play tested in my SR25 currently

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dont worry man...Ive thought of quitting many times because airsoft seems to bring nothing but grief...It'll pass and everything will be fine, just some things from me on jerry rigging. Ive used zip ties to hold lipos to the top of my gun and duct taped my wires together. Ive used zip ties to hold as a rear body pin on my M4 for months. On my old VSR, the threads to take off the outer barrel were stripped when I unscrewed it to upgrade the hop up (the barrel was only being held buy 1 little grub screw) so what did I do...I went to home depot, picked up some JB Weld and smeared it all over where the treads were supposed to be. (I am lucky my dads a machinist) I let it sit for about 20 hours went a stuck the barrel in a CNC lathe and made the threads myself. Stronger than before now. Its alright man it happens to the best of us...As someone said above they are toys and there are not of the highest quality...Ive put over 2 grand into a gun and guess what...there is something jerry rigged on it. The buffer tube came with the wrong size washer, so I took 2 quarters that were amazingly the right size and drilled a hole through em and those are my washers. BTW vindicareassassin thats an excelent Idea...Im gonna go stock up on O rings lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.