Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

so about a year ago, I've decided to build my VSR-10.
So, I went for the JG BAR-10, because it's cheaper and I wanted to change all the internals anyway.

Internals: 433mm 6,03 Prometheus barrel, PSS-10 hop up chamber (AirsoftPro red hop lever + PSS-10 bucking), AirsoftPro trigger unit, SHS cylinder (inside: AirsoftPro piston, SHS spring guide, LayLax M150 spring), SHS cylinder head (not the one with the o-ring)

I did the TDC mod a while ago and haven't touched the rifle since. Now I assembled the rifle and noticed the bb's are still curving, but to the left (it flies somewhat straight for about 40m, then it curves left). So, I disassembled the rifle again and I inspected the hop up arm.

This is what it looks like - notice the dent on the hop arm:

I tried 0,30g G&G and 0,40 BLS bb's - both had the same problem with curve.
It seems that I've made the screw a little to the left, so my first question is - could this be the reason? Should I move the screw to the right?
I used an M3 screw.
For the hop up unit/barrel combo I use:
1) Barrel: LayLax - Prometheus - Inner Barrel 6.03 - 433mm - Type 89, VSR-10 - SpecShop - Professional Military Store
LayLax/Prometheus - 6,03 (433 mm)
2) Hop unit: LayLax - FIRST - VSR Komora HopUp PSS-10 - SpecShop - Profesjonalny Sklep Militarny
The golden PSS-10 LayLax hop up chamber

With these two I have a problem as well.

When I put a normal VSR hop bucking on the barrel, it doesn't fit as good and it's somewhat folded. When I put the rifle together and try the compression, the air almost instantly escapes in the bucking/nozzle area. I get a good compression in the cylinder.

I get quite good compression with the LayLax bucking that came with the chamber, but not 100% though, I put my thumb on the barrel, shoot and the air escapes over time. I've noticed that when I tighten the receiver a bit more, I get a 100% compression, but the outer barrel is not aligned correctly. (I use the metal part that should stop air leaks, which came with the bucking)

I have an SHS cylinder with their cylinder head as well, it's like the original JG one, but other cylinder heads that I have (Airsoftpro and the JG original), have different threads and I cannot put them onto the SHS cylinder. I think the air leak problem could originate there as well, since it has a bit different shape than the original one.
Cylinder head - SHS:

Cylinder head - original:

I cannot install the original cylinder in to test that, because it just fell apart. I don't know if it was a bad piece, but the bolts that hold it together just started falling out. And I've only used this cylinder with an M130 spring. It's not ripped out or anything, so I'm trying to figure out, if it was possible to fix it somehow (would some strong glue hold it long-term?) I'd be glad if you could help me with that as well.
Cylinder:
Summary:
1) LEFT CURVE PROBLEM (wrong TDC?)
2) AIR LEAKS
3) CYLINDER repair

Well this somewhat summarizes my issues with the rifle, I would be glad if you could help me figure this out.
Cheers.

· Registered
150 Posts
Left curve problem, try shimming the hoparm, could be causing your problem.
Air leaks, dont know what to say, probably has something to do with your cylinder head not fully coming forward.
As for the cylinder repair, my thought over superglue, tape all but the end of your cylinder so it stays clean and smear some JB weld on the edges of the rear piece. That would bind the two metal pieces with another piece of metal and should hold pretty sturdy but I am not a professional and havent personally done it, so I can only give the idea but do not recommend it.

· Registered
47 Posts
I had the same issues as you except for the hop up issue. So, for the cylinder I just bought a new, you would end up needing to do this eventually anyway. As for the air leak, the airsoft pro piston is much thinner than normal so i took off the o- ring and rapped some teflon tape underneath it. This pushed the o-ring out a bit for the perfect seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
56 Posts
I had the same issues as you except for the hop up issue. So, for the cylinder I just bought a new, you would end up needing to do this eventually anyway. As for the air leak, the airsoft pro piston is much thinner than normal so i took off the o- ring and rapped some teflon tape underneath it. This pushed the o-ring out a bit for the perfect seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Preferably use the same manufacturers cylinder and piston. ASPro Cylinders are made for Well copies which have a little smaller diameter. If you choose to use different piston then one thing to try is using original pistons o-ring or stretch the new one by putting the o-ring on the outside of the cylinder and heating it up carefully.

Good luck!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'll try to wrap the tape underneath the o-ring how vsr10 newbie recommended.

The problem with using manufacturers piston is that I got a 45° SHS piston with the cylinder set. So I'll probably just buy another cylinder, because it also has different threads and only the SHS cylinder head seems to fit and it has a strange shape and I think that's where the air leak problem comes from.

And for the hop-up chamber, now I'm pretty much decided to go for the AA chamber, because I want to try the Maple Leaf buckings.

What cylinder would you recommend? Every cylinder I found was really over my budget at the time, so that's why I decided to try the SHS one. (not the greatest choice it seems like now lol)

Also my barrel is not VSR-cut so, that's why I cannot fit VSR buckings onto it. (lol ..)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.