Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
716 Posts
You are correct on that a BAR-10 is about the only suitable clone to the TM. Unlike UTG L96's to a Maruzen, or anything else... But I have to call BS on him hitting an egg at 150' ... Unless he either shot a lot of rounds at it, or there was no wind and he still shot a handful of rounds at it.

As far as the accuracy goes in general though. Having the quick adjustable hop up units are more often than not the best hop up units out there. Which makes for the accuracy. I'm not sure if I would trust a 6.00mm barrel though, just because of the fact that the average bb is 5.97~ , which would mean that any piece of dirt, or even a human hair, or any fiber for that matter, could seriously mess up that barrel, or affect it's accuracy.

Although I have not personally handled the exact weapon your talking about, I can tell you that Oakey's VSR was amazingly accurate, without having some guy in the phillipines make a custom kit. So I'd say PM him if you want to talk VSR-10's / GSpecs.

· Registered
716 Posts
Well.. Because I don't really know this guy, I can only take his word with a grain of salt. I mean, Oakey's rifle was pretty accurate, but my M14 SASS right now is hitting man sized targets at 50 yards all day long (150') and I'm sure if someone gave me a full standard mag I would have no problems hitting and egg, or a blank piece of paper, or something of that notion at the range.

The only problem here is that if there is one thing an airsoft gun is almost always going to be known for, it's the consistancy. And more often than not, airsoft replica's lack this. having a 6.00 barrel sounds good in theory, but you have to look at it this way. say a fiber, or a grain of dirt is stuck there (Average size of a grain of dirt.. Maybe 0.05mm-1.00mm?) and you shoot that bb, now.. The bb is going to come out of there, no questions asked, however, it's going to also push whatever is on it's path either to the side, or out with it, and more often than not, even when being pushed out, it'll have the friction of being moved at 550 something FPS against the brass, which would almost be similar in a larger effect to running by a BMW with a freshly cut key.

SGM .29's are very good quality, that is for sure something that I would not argue, but it's just too superficial. I'd say write up a review and maybe ask if you can borrow the guy's weapon for a day, or even have him just come over and do a sort of one camera one take video, where nothing is edited and everything is openly non-bias. That seems to be the only way to convince someone, or to actually deliver it to every airsoft sniper's house in the world so we can all shoot it once or twice and confirm it's rediculas grouping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.