Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im thinking of purchasing a boltaction airsoft sniper rifle in the near future, and have come down to either the Bar 10, or the G-spec (both by JG). I cant find any difference between the two apart from the barrel extention. So is there any difference? Im not looking for FPS (because the team Im on isnt recognized by the organization yet), but I am looking for reliability. Thanks very much,
Preacher

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
SNAKE is part way to a correct answer
Apart from the barrel length the G-Spec has an intergrated silencer which actualy does function and I know is thorny ground for those who live in the US. The other differences are that the G-Spec will always slightly lag behind in accuracy due to barrel length and fps for the same given spring, all other things being equal. The other major difference is just a cosmetic one, in that the BAR has a tapered barrel and the G-Spec has a bull barrel( same diameter along its length)

One thig worth mentioning is, with a little modding the G-Spec can run a full length barrel (upto 480mm) if you run the barrel through the silencer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly. I was originally going to buy the normal Bar-10, but I opted for the silence. It really does make a huge difference on the battlefield. Especially if you take your gun apart and stuff cotton in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.