Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Milli 
#1 ·
I'm sorry to post two threads about this gun, but I have different concerns. I am contemplating returning my Bar-10 and getting a replacement. Firstly, the bolt on the gun "acts up" quite a bit. It commonly gets stuck while in the forward position, and prevents me from cocking the gun. Also, when it is back, it slides forward very easily. Before, it used to stay back until I returned it. Secondly, the accuracy. The gun will spin randomly to the left or to the right. I know this is hop up, but I do not want to do the TDC mod if I am debating returning it. Are all Bar-10s this inaccurate? Are all their hop up arms uneven? That is pretty much it. I would like some advice from those who know more than me. Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm surprised that no one has said this yet, I just checked. You need to make a intro post in the New Members section. Forum rule :tup:

All VSRs and its clones suffer from the "hook." The clones more notably. It has to do with the design of the hop up system it uses. Its a fact that VSRs are known for this hook.

There are fixes yes. Some quite expensive.

I have NEVER seen a single spring sniper rifle in its stock form work perfectly without some work, this applies to most airsoft guns from what I have seen.

It's not the arm that's uneven, it's the pressure applied to the arm that's uneven.

Airsoft sniping requires quite a bit of work. Anyone here will tell you that.
Half of it is tweaking your gun to your likings, the other half is everything else.

The bar 10 is a great platform to build an awesome rifle with. It takes time.

Heck I would fix it for you if I had it. My JG bar10 g-spec had a ton of problems. Fixed all of it with info I found on here and some of my own know-how.

Reactions: Milli
#3 ·
Thanks Plazma, I just made an intro post!
About the infamous, seemingly-inevitable "hook": so basically, my choices are to attempt to fix my gun and get it shooting straight, or return it and get a replacement that still has the hook? It's really looking like I'll keep it. Could you please explain any surefire ways to get this gun shooting straight? I'm still not too keen on doing the tdc mod...

#5 ·
Wow thanks that was a great guide! 1tonne - was your stock Bar-10 (prior to all the upgrades) shooting with a hook as well?

#7 ·
A few other things - do you just mean shimming?

#8 · (Edited)
It was stock when I started the upgrade guide.
Mine does not have a right hook at all. In my guide there is a mod that lets you use AEG barrels. It also lets you rotate the barrel. This mod can also be done with the standard VSR10 barrel. As you rotate the barrel it allows you to apply more hopup to either the left or right. Shimming also helps.
You can also skim a little off the right hand tooth that sticks down off the hopup arm. If you do this you need to only to really little amounts then test. Try again and test.

#9 ·
Thanks 1tonne! I'll go with the shimming, once I understand how to do it.

#10 ·
You should also try an anti-flex plate, which is what I used before improving my setup with the TDC mod. Cut out a piece of thin, but not flimsy metal plate and screw it on over the hop up slider. This will prevent the hop up slider from flexing upwards (ie to the right) and stabilize it better. The anti flex plate should significantly reduce any of the drastic curves you may be experiencing if installed correctly, and it's very easy to do.

Reactions: Milli
#11 ·
Didn't think of that. Is that similar to the R-hop at all? Isn't that just a thin plate as well? (I'm relatively new to this stuff.) Would it be possible to provide a link on further instructions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.