Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my son a JG bar10 for Xmas so he could practice shooting in the off season from air rifle, in less then 7 days he shot an estimated 2-3k rounds, and wore out , the piston , etc etc.
I went got a Springer Custom trigger and piston, and 6.03 barrel (just because), only to find out that seems like the cylinder is wore out .
Now I'm trying to build this to ultra reliable, I can't decide on which cylinder to get
Action Army coated - cylinder head has be the one that came with the cylinder, I'm not fond of that.
Action army stainless
Maple leaf coated
Maple leaf stainless
Angel custom coated
Are pdi and edgi barrels really worth it ?
I plan on getting a Air Artistry hop up once they become available again (hopefully) I really like the bolted down tdc

· Registered
922 Posts
Tbh, the most reliable cylinder setup you can get is probably an aa cylinder, wasp, laylax or scw piston, rapax spring, and my trigger (not out for 4 months)

Not to peddle my own stuff, but I'm building this thing literally to make the rifle last forever. Check the link in my bio for more info. Even uses magnets instead of springs since trigger springs can breaj after thousands of shotsm

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tbh, the most reliable cylinder setup you can get is probably an aa cylinder, wasp, laylax or scw piston, rapax spring, and my trigger (not out for 4 months)

Not to peddle my own stuff, but I'm building this thing literally to make the rifle last forever. Check the link in my bio for more info. Even uses magnets instead of springs since trigger springs can breaj after thousands of shotsm
Nice trigger , wish I could have waited.
But which cylinder stainless or coated from those manufacturers?

· Registered
922 Posts
Nice trigger , wish I could have waited.
But which cylinder stainless or coated from those manufacturers?
I meant action army cylinders. Tbh lots of cylinders are fine, though certain ones are undersized. I know action army and laylax are good/fit. Maple leaf is probably fine, not sure so you'd have to check and return if your piston doesn't fit (or someone here can just say). Stainless or coated are both fine. Just a looks thing really. Makes little difference.

Wasp laylax and scw are pistons I'd recommend.

· Registered
3,685 Posts
I'd get this parts lineup

Cylinder, head, piston, spring guide
Spring
Bucking, 70° or 80°
430X6.01 Barrel

For the cylinder set you could just replace the parts with Novritsch SSG10 and maybe a Laylax 90° piston for a set just as good, but I'd just do whatever comes out cheaper after shipping, as Novritsch cylinder parts are as strong as anything out their really, and not any lower quality.

As for barrels, PDI is decent but expensive, EdGi is good but expensive, and DaVinci is good but expensive, but I recommend Lambda as they're made of people who left PDI, and DaVinci is people who left Lambda, and all of their stuff is manufactured the same way. Lambda is the best bang for the buck, but DaVinci is a little better. If you follow the lapping tutorial in my signature you'll be able to make a $60 Lambda perform as good or better than an EdGi, as Lambda, DaVinci, and PDI make the straightest and most precise barrels, but just need a smoothed out bore to make them the best.

Wish my parents would upgrade my guns lol.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd get this parts lineup

Cylinder, head, piston, spring guide
Spring
Bucking, 70° or 80°
430X6.01 Barrel

For the cylinder set you could just replace the parts with Novritsch SSG10 and maybe a Laylax 90° piston for a set just as good, but I'd just do whatever comes out cheaper after shipping, as Novritsch cylinder parts are as strong as anything out their really, and not any lower quality.

As for barrels, PDI is decent but expensive, EdGi is good but expensive, and DaVinci is good but expensive, but I recommend Lambda as they're made of people who left PDI, and DaVinci is people who left Lambda, and all of their stuff is manufactured the same way. Lambda is the best bang for the buck, but DaVinci is a little better. If you follow the lapping tutorial in my signature you'll be able to make a $60 Lambda perform as good or better than an EdGi, as Lambda, DaVinci, and PDI make the straightest and most precise barrels, but just need a smoothed out bore to make them the best.

Wish my parents would upgrade my guns lol.
I just need it super reliable , I hoped to get at least a few months out of a stock setup lol.
I just want a drop in and go setup
I already have a unicorn barrel, I'm not trying to up the fps, just need it reliable and accurate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts