Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tore down my rifle for the first time this weekend, which was exciting, because its the first gun I've disassembled that far, did the airbrake mod, lubed up the cylinder, cleaned out the barrel, and inadvertently discovered that my hop was never actually adjusting. When i'd try to adjust it, it would simply move in an arc fashion, which not knowing how it was supposed to work, I thought was how it was supposed to work, well obviously that was not the case, as I'm sure some of you know already. Anyways, when I was screwing the hop up adjusting arm back onto the unit during reassembly, I managed to over-tighten it and break the head of the screw off. In my defense it never really felt like it was getting tightened down though.

Anyways, is there anywhere to find the entire hop-up unit? I've seen buckings on airsoftatlanta, but didn't notice any full units. Any help would be appreciated, or laughter of the "at me" persuasion, thats cool too. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
After my latest series of acquisitions, I have about $200 left and I'm considering doing a really cheap JG Bar-10 build simply for a "DMR" class weapon when I don't roll a spotter.

Anyway, how do the TM 6.04 barrels stack up against, say, a promo 6.03. Also, is there anywhere you can get that in the states (I don't want to purchase internals from evike...dear god)? That'll help me determine whether I'll just put in a new promo to the stock hop up or what have you. Recommendations?

I can make a new thread if needed, but it seemed to fit in well with this dude's question.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have heard good things about the barrel/hop combo, but I personally have not tryed it as I have a specialy modded Systema 6.04 in mine :) As to where to get one in the states, sorry chap no idea, you'd have to search the other more respected dealers locally to you or just bite the bullet and order it from over here from the site above, I thoroughly recommend them as they are where I by all my gear from ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
All new springs have a break in period where they can potentially loose a few fps, so the quoted fps on the box of a new rifle is going to always be a best case scenario, the amount lost will greatly rely on the quality of manufacture, but when it has broken in, short of some thing daft happening like leaving the weapon cocked for a long period, it will remain fairly constant.
The sears will be fine in the short term, but I would make plans to upgrade to improve longevity, especially if you decide to put a heavier spring in ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The PSS ones are what I use in mine at 505fps and I also use either Guarder .28s or .29 SGMs. I also use the Guarders in my 350 fps EBR and SOC16 so you should be fine using SGMs at 400 ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.