Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would tune it for the same ammo just to make things easier. I think that rifle shoots pretty fast out of the box so you should be good. Just keep in mind though, you'll need a good bit of upgrading/tuning to get it to shoot well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Right. Someone will probably disagree with me here but he mainstream view is heavier = better so long as you can hop it enough. Heavier bb's experience less wind resistance as they fly - and thus will have more energy when they hit - meaning they are more likely to be felt. However not all hop systems will manage to produce enough hop for heavy bb's. Thus you have to use lighter ones. ---- It gets more complicated than that though as the quality of the bb is also very important. Ideally every bb you shoot should be the same weight (and size) - so it will go in pretty much the same place. However no two bb's will be identical. Often you will get 'fliers' - probably lighter bb's that go up in the air. Some (if not all) heavier bb's tend to have air bubbles. --- Its a trade off. Basically there is no right answer. Try both and see which works best.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well, it says 430 fps stock, which is basically the average speed of a stock sniper rifle. You're not going to generate enough lift with a .36 even if you tried. You'll just end up putting a ridiculous amount of hop up and either the bb will shoot erratically or won't shoot at all.

I shot .27's and .30's just fine with my L96 while I had the stock spring in (I had a Polarstar piston and Laylax spring guide, along with lots of other aftermarket stuff, though the spring was stock lol). I can potentially see .32's working, though I felt like .30's were good enough.

I'd recommend Bioshot .32's. Or Bioval .30's. Going with .28's isn't a bad option either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.