Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

JG Mp5 DMR Build

11K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  fdkrew 
#1 ·
Ok, so i've always wanted to build a DMR, but I couldn't decide what platform to use. I wanted to use a m4 as my base, but i'd rather keep my m4 for use as a field gun. So, I chose my mp5 because I wanted something different, and it barely gets used. Where I play at, DMR's are allowed to shoot up to 550 fps, but I would like to shoot for 500 fps. Currently, it has 7mm reinforced gears and a few external mods. As for the motor, it was the same as my friends ca-25 has (unaware of brand-will check later) so it should be able to pull back a 500fps spring (it's a high torque motor I believe). This is the first time, for me, working on a gearbox. But I've done my research and feel pretty confident.
The first modifications I would like to do is shim my gears, and the semi auto only modification. Next, I was thinking the hop-up, bucking, and barrel. I'm thinking of going 6.03mm tightbore, at 509mm in length. What would you recommend for a bucking? As for the hop-up, I'm not sure on compatibility, but I believe G@G makes one. For external modifications, I was thinking of using a donor m16 for parts to make a barrel extension. I'm going to try and put parts in in bundles, due to the fact mp5's are kind of a pain to reassemble. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated on internal modifications. Thanks- Austin

#5 ·
sharpshootin said:
Ya, I held up my 509mm barrel next to the mp5, and it wouldn't look good at all. I'm thinking i'll just go with a 407mm barrel. That way it would look "Right", but I would still gain accuracy.
Longer barrels do not always equal greater accuracy. The hop-up is where it's at. I've never had any experience with MP5 hop-up, but if metallicafatcat says it's a bad design, then you will probably have troubles gaining long range accuracy. The M4 would be a way better platform than an MP5.

#6 ·
I'd really like to use a Sig552 instead. However, I don't know if their hop-up design is any better. As for the m4, I've considered it. Due to the amount of aftermarket parts availible, and simplicity. I'm probally going to put up a want to trade post on my local forum; My jg mp5 for their jg Sig or m4/m16. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going with jg because they are TM clones internally.

#7 ·
JG have some of the strongest gears stock. So it may be beneficial for you to stick to JG if you are on a budget. The sig 552 will also be a better choice then a m4/m16 because of the v3 gearbox. The shell design will handle abuse much better then a v2. If you are sticking to the std ratio gears of the JG I would also suggest save up money and get the best motor you can along with a good battery.

#14 ·
Call this necro if you want but I have done this! I used an ICS mp5 SD (the full stock version) instead of putting a scope on it I use adjusted iron sights. As where I live all guns are limited to 328 fps so using many dmr guides I managed to get an all right result (6" groupings at 260ft) + my local site is indoor cqb with around 180ft maximum I mostly use it for accuracy (upper floor overwatch position) so not only good but very useful for when you need accuracy but don't want the limitation of a sniper.

#15 ·
This thread is VEEEERRRYY necro. Been dead for 2 years...
Anyway, and mp5 base for a dmr is an interesting idea.

#17 ·
Get an MP5K and turn that into a DMR....

(joke)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.