Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well for the purpose of my Mk23 it's 1.2J with .43g. Not with .2g. I was simply using it as an example since it's the closest thing I have joule output wise to the 1.13J reference. I rarely chrono with .2's unless it's to figure out how to come in under the limit at a site that doesn't use joules.

And referring to Corriander, I wasn't implying joules were anything other than a force variable. My point was to highlight the aftermarket parts on the Mk23 as being exceptional due to A) the people who offer said parts coming up with great products and B) the NBB design where the hopup is directly under the 'ejection port' allows easy plug and play of said products. The fact that once upgraded its a hopup with zero moving parts plays a big role in it's accuracy at distance.

You replicate that by ensuring your AEG hop up is stable, well tuned, and has as little wiggle room as possible and it will also perform well - as we all know.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
OK so you're not taking about flat trajectory then. Fine.
Yeh. It is definitely not flat and it is starting to push the boundaries of the energy rating.
We have a field where we have some buildings that have open areas around them. People who have full auto 1.13j rifles (measured with the bb weight used in game), often shoot out the windows of the building towards the open areas where enemy are coming from. If they miss with the first few shots they just spam upwards and the bb's fall into their target. So it is definitely not accurate but it does get the target.
If someone is at about 65 meters away, then the bb's start to hit the ground just before the person. On the odd occasion, they may get hit but it is not really very effective and often the target will see the bb coming.

Sometimes when a person is shooting at me from 65 meters away, I will point to the ground where the bb's are landing. "This one landed here. This one landed here and this one landed here" LOL.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sometimes when a person is shooting at me from 65 meters away, I will point to the ground where the bb's are landing. "This one landed here. This one landed here and this one landed here" LOL.
Oh I know that cocky behavior very well. Kinda "come at me bro" stuff. You're a bad person 😄

41 - 43 of 43 Posts