Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new around here, have an over worded intro and I’m sure this post will end up the same.

I’m a full time mechanic, been turning wrenches since diapers. I’ve been in the industry of physical labor my entire life. I’m 35 years old, have two sons I plan to introduce to this new to me sport of airsoft. I’ve worked the pipeline from Proudhoe bay, Alaska to logging in Northern California. Worked for Harley-Davidson, GMC and Nissan, but I’m just a wrench.

But onto the airsoft. I have a cyma m14 socom I’m building for myself, among about 20 or so other markers I bought on a whim. I have a madbull 509 stainless, a elvish tac zci 509 R hopped, I have another cyma m14 socom, two more gearbox’s, one with hop up parts and wired with mosfet, one stock, a shs motor, shims, gears, just parts out the booty. I have m4’s I’m building as well, for my son. And like I said I’m new to this sport lol.

For tech, all I can say is I removed the cyma socom flash hider, to learn it was three prong fitted, not 14mm ccw. So since I had calipers and the tap and die(also work on actual firearms) I just threaded the socom barrel for that thread. I installed a 2” mad bull barrel extension, and a MG flash hider (looked more m14ish) and it’s designed for a QD suppressor. And it’s functionality is most definite. I was blown away at how much a little foam can do. I have an UTG optic mount, but it’s angle when fitted is slightly off from the socom rail. So, it will be fitted proper, as to make use of the iron sights under the scope mount. It’s just a matter of degrees. I plan to make use of the 2” barrel extension with a 509 tightbore. I wanted the length for velocity reasons. May cut down to anywhere from 450-509mm, depends on performance. I also wanted the length to copy the m14 scout, with an 18” barrel that you don’t see much in airsoft, but is probably the best overall(opinion) m14 platform. So I’m slightly longer than a socom m14, with a threaded QD functional suppressor, but with the suppressor I’m about as long as the full length barrel. The 509 barre should hopefully stop somewhere inside the flash hider.

There will be more to come, but first I have two cyma ak’s and an KAC m4 to offload before I make more airsoft purchases
Sleeve Grey Collar Dress shirt Wood

Wood Shotgun Gun barrel Sleeve Gun accessory

hahaha. I plan to fiberglass and stipple the stock, deaden more sound. My end goal is as close to 100yard accuracy as I can. Lofty goal, but I shoot my shots.

Anyways, there will be more to come, hopefully someone finds this post helpful. More tech to come

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just some pics of my first planned loadout, the L&R 300 wasn’t my first choice, but has a v2 hybrid mostfet, and is modded, so it’s really growing on me. The 45 will probably lose the suppressor. I have multiple optics for each, just haven’t made a decision. The paint scheme will be addressed as well, I haven’t gotten that far, got everything in its current ish condition. I have about 10 of the 1911s, so I’ll probably pick another to paint. Just fond of the marine look..
White Air gun Machine gun Trigger Line

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good to see someone else round here who can turn a wrench.

Check out the long range aeg portions. And the DMR guide by 1tonne in there. Should help ya understand what goes into making an aeg consistent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts