Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a PDI SS3000 for my Shadow Ops 96 together with the Full Raven Kit. The spring is just too much for my arm to handle. I literally need to hands to just complete the cockback. The shot easy goes through both sides of the can though...but I can't possibly use it in the field seeing as tho I can't even complete the cockback fast enough.

I've read SPR 250% or 300% are just enough for it to become field useable. but does anyone have experience as far as how easy maybe the cock back is? Any suggestions maybe? lol I just need a spring that will hopefully put me above 500 easy and be enough for me to pull back the bolt. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I should just go for the SPR 250% or SPR 300%? is the cockback anything compared to stock spring?

·
Registered
499 Posts
You might wanna try laylax sp150 spring. I use that on my aps and it's easy to pull even in prone and it should put you to 2,5-2,8j depending on your air seal. I'm not sure about how much it is in fps but I assume it would be somewhere near 500...

·
Registered
909 Posts
MarineSGT over on ASR has one in his VSR-10. He's got it shooting out to around 400ft.

I would barely trust a spring like this in my rifle, even if it was upgraded to the max; it's just overkill. If you want a rifle to shoot this hot, go HPA ;)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
wesley810 said:
MarineSGT over on ASR has one in his VSR-10. He's got it shooting out to around 400ft.

I would barely trust a spring like this in my rifle, even if it was upgraded to the max; it's just overkill. If you want a rifle to shoot this hot, go HPA ;)
Actually, he has the SS5000. His rifle shoot 400ft at like 850FPS:p

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah, I actually didn't realize they made two springs with three 0's on the end haha.

The SS5000 is what I meant, and he really did go all out on his rifle to get it to handle the stress and be as accurate as it is.

leonvx671- I would recommend using a low power spring and just tuning the rifle and hop-up. You can get it to shoot pretty long range and have a decently small MED out in the field if you do this. I would ask Cheese Man for some tips because he has tuned his MK96 at a lower FPS and gotten good results.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I actually prefer my 260fps spring O.O for pin-point accuracy - the reduced speed means that you don't get a lot of wobble from the hopup on the bb at very high speeds.

Like grass said, it is all about hop and barrel. I can hit 50-60 meters at that 260 fps, but my hop system is excellent, if I may say so myself. ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
That's something that I want to do, but I have a question for you Cheese and grass. Do either of you ever have any problems with people calling their hits at that kind of range since it's such a low power? That's the only thing that I could see having problems. I've never ran a lower power sniper rifle before.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can get out to about 100 yards with my TM VSR-10. It doesn't have anything higher than a 150 spring. I do have a fully custom made hop up unit though and a 6.03 430mm.

That should only further more prove that the hop up is one of the most important parts. Not the spring :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Another good point is sound. If you have a smaller spring, the muzzle report will be far less noticeable to an enemy player. The only downside I can think of is flight time. It may be harder to track an enemy and compensate the bb if they are running, walking, etc. To me, that's one of the fun parts of sniping though...

Also, is the OP even following this thread anymore? lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.