Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi fellas,

just bought this rifle i have multiple rifles that are hpa but none that are snipers, im having an issue where my sniper is running 140psi but only getting 1.8 joules which seems way under what it should be doing, i have accidentally messed with the hop which for sure could be the reason for the low joule reading however i was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why this might be happening other than the hop being messed up currently

·
Registered
975 Posts
Could be many things. “Hop messed up” could mean many things. What’s wrong with the hop? Everything has to be installed properly to have a good air seal. The hop should then be set before you chrono it.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Well it really depends on many things, your barrel may be short, a widebore, you're using bad BBs or light BBs, or the hop is somehow sealing badly.
The BOLT does need higher PSI to get your desired power, 180 even, but 140 does seem high for that power.

Do go into more detail on your rifle and what you fucked up on the hop, as we're sorta clueless right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the barrel is roughly 20 inches if not more, im currently using .48 longbow BBs, there isnt any poor air seal, and when i spoke about the hop i basically meant that id twisted it quite a bit though i didn't really notice a difference in how the bbs flew

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok but what rifle is this all built from? It sounds like you may have just bought a rifle without knowing what platform it is or what parts it has really.

Not all platforms are equal with some being great upgrade bases and others being limited without custom CNC parts due to design flaws and lack of aftermarket support.

·
Registered
975 Posts
yea honestly if you bought it second hand, it should be taken apart, gone over, cleaned and reassembled. I’ve seen some wild shit in used guns LmAo. “ShOoTs gReAt” but it turns out it can’t even physically shoot lol.

anyway, twisting the barrel may be a remedy but it’s not the proper way to fix it. You may want to have a tech open up the gun if you aren’t familiar with them. Vsrs are easy though so it’s also not hard to learn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea honestly if you bought it second hand, it should be taken apart, gone over, cleaned and reassembled. I’ve seen some wild shit in used guns LmAo. “ShOoTs gReAt” but it turns out it can’t even physically shoot lol.

anyway, twisting the barrel may be a remedy but it’s not the proper way to fix it. You may want to have a tech open up the gun if you aren’t familiar with them. Vsrs are easy though so it’s also not hard to learn.
the specs that im aware of are, sadly dont know much about the rifle as you say, i did literally purchase it at the beginning of the week Wolverine Bolt VSR HPA build Lots of Maple Leaf parts, DIY TDC hop adjuster, Action Army hopup chamber, teflon cylinder with return spring, Vortex Diamondback Tactical,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did some digging the stock is actually the maple leaf stock which can get a link for and then the outer barrel is fluted which would lead me to believe it would be a ssg ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts