Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests.....

Due to being given the nod from the site owner that we are allowed to use 450fps rifles, both DMR & BA, with the appropriate MED, so I've started a new project.

The site is quite fast paced & aggressive in play style, that is quite dense woodland in summer but fairly open dureing winter, so I'm looking at building a relatively short barreled DMR.

As your all probably aware I have a love of all things G&G M14, so after a quick scan through the parts bin I've put together enough parts to build a SOCOM16.

I'm hoping it will turn out something similar to this....

What does all this mean for you loverly people.....

I'm covering the build as an update for the 'Holy Grail'!!!

It will be written up in the coming months and posted as soon as time permits me.

It will cover all the latest things I currently do to make my rifles, some are G&G m14 specific but most can be adapted to most other rifles with ease :tup:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good god no!! Got all that front heavy lovelyness with the EMR :hehe:

It needs to be light and easy to manovre in the dense foliage thats fast growing up around the site >:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My mates got an Eotech and magnifier on his AR, personaly I dont like it, Red Dot or other is a none starter as the years are upon me, and have not been kind to my eyes, plus due to various work accidents (wear your eye protection kiddies, don't be a vain fool like me :tup:), and wear'n'tear I'm now marginaly short sighted, and don't/cant wear glasses under my goggles, so need the magnification of a scope :shrug:

I just happen to have an old scope from a PSG1 here that has a good 4'' of eye relief.... only down side is its a fixed 40x4 with a 30/30 ret, rather than the variable mil dot I'm used to on my other rifles..... its gona be like going back in time to the old days when I first started playing...... most of you wont remember that far back as you were probably still shiting yellow :lmao:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Still young of heart bro, just had a hard life up till now, as my medical record will bear testiment too :nuts:

But enough about me and my ailments as like all old people I could rattle on about them for hours, and hours, and hours.....

I'm more leaning towards a 'Recce' type rifle rather than anything as that more suits the play style at the site, hence the scope and short barrel, plus I've been influenced by a couple of books I've been reading of late about LRRPs in Vietnam

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Still young of heart bro, just had a hard life up till now, as my medical record will bear testiment too :nuts:

But enough about me and my ailments as like all old people I could rattle on about them for hours, and hours, and hours.....

I'm more leaning towards a 'Recce' type rifle rather than anything as that more suits the play style at the site, hence the scope and short barrel, plus I've been influenced by a couple of books I've been reading of late about LRRPs in Vietnam
We all love 'Nam loadouts here at my site. I mean, 50% here have Nam-ish loadouts.

I have a good 'Nam book for you to read, I thought it was brilliant, if a little bit long. I read her in about a week.
"The Fearless man" by Donald Pfarrer. It has a pic of a Chinook on it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We all love 'Nam loadouts here at my site. I mean, 50% here have Nam-ish loadouts.

I have a good 'Nam book for you to read, I thought it was brilliant, if a little bit long. I read her in about a week.
"The Fearless man" by Donald Pfarrer. It has a pic of a Chinook on it.
Cheers for the bud, I'll look it up.

If youyr intersted the books I've just finished reading is a trilogy called 'Six Silent Men', they cover the LRRP, LRP and LRP rangers of the 101st Airborne for the entire duration of the war, some damn good stuff in them :tup:

As for load outs, back in the day I used to be part of a sub group of a larger reenactment group here called 'Rolling Thunder'

When I was with them they mostly consisted of a bunch of guys that had a load of Rio's, a MUTT and a Rio Gun Truck with a quad fifty on the back.

We used to provide grunts for there trucks, but our actual static display was of an 81mm mortar, we used to reenact Charlie company, 1/7 AirCav, we had some good times.... sadly the only photo I have of me is an old polaroid of me carrying an M60 pulling stag infront of a MASH tent :shrug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.