Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a swap meet over the weekend, I was looking for parts and anything usable and cheep. I need to rebuild a sad/old/crippled M4 we've had forever and lucked onto a kid with what looked like a parts gun perfect for my needs. He said it was NFG (not firing good) and could never figure out how to fix it. It was missing the read stock and the tip of the barrel was bent, like it was dropped without a flash hider. The mag catch and a couple minor cosmetic bits were missing and it was also missing the motor. He wanted $50, I offered $40 and he took it.
It was a KWA CQB full metal M4 with a free floating RIS. I grafted the RIS to my son's ICS M4 since he wanted a cleaner look without that triangle sight, then I cracked the gear box.
Inside the GB I found a 7 steel tooth ICS piston with aluminum piston head, reasonable cylinder and spring, high-speed PERFECTLY balanced and shimmed gears and a bad trigger connector. The trigger connector had broken at some point, he 'fixed' it with a screw that caused the contact tabs to touch and the wrong spring for the trigger assembly.
Once that was replaced and it was re-assembled, the thing SCREAMED!! So I scavenged the bits from the gun I WAS going to repair and built this out into a nasty CQB gun. As for the original M4, it's going to be re-built into a DMR when I can get the parts!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Or maybe he knew the value and just wanted to get rid of it? Haha.
Yep, kids with a lot of money to throw around tend to do this. I've ran into one like this, he sold a few gbb pistols for $20, an M60 for $70 and a Javelin M24 to a friend of mine for $30 and all were in pretty good condition!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, kids with a lot of money to throw around tend to do this. I've ran into one like this, he sold a few gbb pistols for $20, an M60 for $70 and a Javelin M24 to a friend of mine for $30 and all were in pretty good condition!
I'd love to get an M60!!
Other deals I got:

• KWA Mac11 NS2: $20 - bad cylinder and WRONG mag! Spent $12 for the cylinder and $39 for a mag - total of $71 for a $139 gun.
  • Echo1 M28: $100 - No issues, started slam firing several months later, replaces sears, piston and cylinder for $total of $45 - total spent $145 for a $175 gun.
  • Echo1 M28: $40 - Bad cylinder, piston and sears, same as above, spent $85 for a $175 gun.
  • Bought SRC MP5 for $100 - value $250.
  • TRADED and old android phone for a $225 Cybergun M4 ($0 spent).
  • Bought full ICS M4 Body with lower gearbox and motor for $20, spent $18 for upper and $60 for front-end, stock and total tech rebuild - spent total of $98 for a $350 ICS M4.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I also want to meet him!
I'd love to get an M60!!
I'm sure you'd love to meet him and I wish I could meet him again, but I'm pretty sure he's sold away all his gear. I had a chance to buy the M60, but I left my wallet at home and I didn't want to borrow some since my friend already had spotted me up for the entrance fee. T.T

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just bought an Aimpoint M3 sight off some kid. Perfect condition. Should have cost me $70 brand new, I got it for $25! Not as crazy as what some of you guys have been saying, but it just goes to show you....:nuts:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I bought a "broken" tm g36. The thing was that it wasn't broken the battery was just bad. It also came with a TM tracer unit. I sold the scope off the gun and then resold the gun itself on ebay for a nice profit. Oh and I kept the tracer unit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Latest acquisition - Echo 1 M4 DMR (ish) rifle, 95% complete, just has a cracked gear box and a bunch of spare parts. Going to reassemble it and swap in a full metal body I have laying around... then we'll see what it needs to be really nasty...
Oh, and it was steep - paid $50...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Latest acquisitions - a local arena was having a rental gun blow-out. A G&G Combat Machine M4 with LiPO, hi-cap mag and full facemask for $60. Went there and they had 3 sets left, I got 2 of them for $50 each. They also had Tenergy 9.6 1600mA NiMH for $15, Echo1 M28 mags for $6, and lots of other stuff. The guns were low-end rental quality (retailed at about $150 or so), the masks were POS masks (not Point of Sale) but free. The LiPOs were 7.4 2000mA (no chargers). All in all, a decent ear-marked for the boy's friends to use when they want to play and don't have their own guns.
We went to our favorite arena to play for a couple hours (only got 'permission' to play 'til 6:00 or so). While we were there a kid there was trying very hard to sell one of his guns, I didn't pay attention until later in the afternoon. At first he tried to sell it for $125… no interest… dropped his price to $75… no interest… then he said he'll swap for one of my guns… still no interest. Finally he said he'd swap for some gear, mags, red-dot sight or anything else I had of interest… now I started to get interested. I ended up trading one of the LiPO's from the 'rental' set I just bought and my spare (cheep) LiPO balance charger for his gun. It was an ICS CXS 'pistol' (retail ~$175 - $250 depending on store), floating RIS, split gearbox, basic 'kid-maintained' gun.
Got it home, swapped out the bucking, swapped the connectors for Deans and re-wired it (CORRECTLY) and general maintenance… the damn thing is a BB hose! Must be shooting 30+ RPS, need to chrono it and maybe swap in a high-speed motor for the stock ICS one.
All-in-all, a good day to add to the armory, 3 guns, 5 batteries (1 LiPO, 4 NiMH), 3 M28 mags, a $5 NEW dump bag and some odd-n-ends.

·
Administrator
6,201 Posts
Plus there are few guys that know me!!
I've been playing with some guys for years and don't know I'm "Wolfgeorge" from the forums!!
Many found out yesterday!!
I generally keep low profile... It tends to help!

Wolf

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.