Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Beautiful, I absolutely love it. And this looks familiar. Are you a member of the Airsoft Forum? Thought I saw this a few days ago.

Again, looks very nice. Hows she shoot?

And please make an intro post, so we can get to know you ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I haven't been here in awhile, I was out of the country on vacation. Anyway, here are some updated pics of it aired up and ready for action. Yes, that's a Tanaka magazine. Also, sorry about the intro post thing. I made one in the beginner's section.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
This has not been mentioned yet, but my KJW did not come with an adjustable shoulder pad... Can you fill us in on the details of your mod? Maybe even another thread in the appropriate forum(?) I love the KJW, but I always felt they missed the boat by not adding the adjustable but pad, and making the rifle more military like instead of police like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DRAGON64 said:
This has not been mentioned yet, but my KJW did not come with an adjustable shoulder pad... Can you fill us in on the details of your mod? Maybe even another thread in the appropriate forum(?) I love the KJW, but I always felt they missed the boat by not adding the adjustable but pad, and making the rifle more military like instead of police like.
The stock is from a Javelin M24 modified to fit the KJW M700 action. Lots of JB Weld and patience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
egalsim said:
The stock is from a Javelin M24 modified to fit the KJW M700 action. Lots of JB Weld and patience.
Looks fantastic, great job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics of the mods to the stock. You can see the rear hole lines up perfectly along with the front hole for the swivel mounts to mount the stock outer barrel. The work needed to be done for the center support. I used rifle bedding techniques to do that along with JB Weld. I bought the Javelin M24 used with a broken trigger unit for $60. Alot cheaper than an HS Precision stock for $400.



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Egalsim, capitalize the first letter of each sentence. I hate to derail a thread to say this, but if you do not want that to happen, than post to our standards.

This is the third time today I have had to say this to several members..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
It's very neat and tidy. I like the no frills air regulator setup - it took me a while to notice the clear air hose. Is that a Palmers Rock regulator? What kind of FPS variation do you get? I just got a KJW M700 and I'm looking for a regulator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ronin055 said:
Useing that Co2 set up, what would you say is the number of shots you get before you need to put in another cylinder?
I get about 3-4 magazines (29 rounds each) at 60 degrees farenheit. This is with the regulator set at 500 fps with .20g bbs. I use .30g Bioshots when I am shooting. I have recently gone to a dual regulator setup using an ANS Gen X2 first regulator at 400psi, and a secondary regulator ANS Jackhammer 2 set to around 80psi for .20g bbs at 550fps. The consistency has been great with the dual reg setup, and it still all fits in my buttstock pouch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
What your doing is similar to what I want to do with my G96D. I want to make a completely internal CO2 or HPA system for my gun. One or two regulators with an internal Macroline.

However what I want to do is make the expansion chamber permenantly mounted where the gas valve would be on a magazine. In other words, mount an expansion chamber with valve, in the place where the magazine valve would sit. So when you eject the magazine, you would really only eject the BBs from the mag.

Then external to the gun, the only thing visible to your set up would be the pressure gauge. No visible hoses. If I could do that, I think Id go HPA or Co2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ronin055 said:
What your doing is similar to what I want to do with my G96D. I want to make a completely internal CO2 or HPA system for my gun. One or two regulators with an internal Macroline.

However what I want to do is make the expansion chamber permenantly mounted where the gas valve would be on a magazine. In other words, mount an expansion chamber with valve, in the place where the magazine valve would sit. So when you eject the magazine, you would really only eject the BBs from the mag.

Then external to the gun, the only thing visible to your set up would be the pressure gauge. No visible hoses. If I could do that, I think Id go HPA or Co2
Yes, I like internal setups. I never liked the way a remote setup worked, it was too much like paintball, and the remote line just never looked right. I'm working on another project now (cheap Tanaka I got online) that kind of integrates the CO2 system into the stock of the gun, dual regulated of course. I'll post pics when I'm done. :)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top