KJ Works M700

6.01 tightbore
G&G striker spring, valve spring, gas seal etc
Nineball hop rubber
King Arms striker plate
and a random muzzle brake/flash hider I spotted on Redwolf

BE L96 (bent barrel piece of crap)

TM Gspec

Ran out of OD green paint so I decided to use whatever was laying about...
Now looks like this

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are old pics, probably a year ago or so...
The gspec is in bits and completly striped of paint,
the L96 has a cracked stock so is currently awaiting an overhaul,
the m700 had a run in with a can of Humbrol "gun metal grey" paint that actually turned out to be dull silver, so it needs striped back to bare metal and resprayed with something a little less bling.
It's not airsoft if the guns aren't in bits every other week lol.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it was time I updated this...
Apologies for the pic quality. My camera has just about given up the ghost :'(.

The G-Spec and L96 are gone, replaced with a Tanaka G33/40.

The Pistols are a WE 1911 and a KWA KM17 (don't know why I included them, but there you go)

The MP001 is going back in the attic because I've lost patience with it ::)

Yet another paint job on the KJW M700. A 6.03mm inner barrel is on it's way to replace the 6.01mm and it's now got the Sabre Air gunner scope which was on the L96.

The Sun Project M40XB is waiting for a new hop chamber and inner barrel and is sporting a Tokyo Marui scope which I found in a box of
busted scopes and gun bits (in the attic).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woogie said:
Nice pics man!!

Say how do you like the sun project M40 rifle?
If Sun Project had stuck their collective heads out the door and had a look at what the competition were doing in hop design, It would have been the best gun ever produced. Instead they got drunk and made the hop-up in the dark ::).
Mine is the "Deluxe Version" (M40XB, not the M40A1XB) which came with upgraded Sun Project internals and an adjustable hop.
It was hitting a CD at 45 - 50 yards 9 out of 10 shots using .28g BB's. I found out recently that most SP M40's were designed to shoot .30's, It's just a shame the hop broke before I could prove if this was right or not.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Time for an update I think...
MP001 Sold.
Sun Project M40XB Sold.
WE 1911 Sold.
Tanaka G33/40 still sitting in the back of the wardrobe waiting for someone to take it out and blow the dust off it.
Glock is also collecting dust.
A&K SVD http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=1837 awaiting internal upgrades to arrive from Czech Republic.
KJW M700 got yet another paint job -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't usually run with a suppressor/silencer but the good folks on this forum seem kind of obsessed with them so I thought I'd throw it on for the pic ;).

·
Registered
349 Posts
BAHHAHFLABILIBLINJDHGERHFSUDYFBRGBTUJG!.........dream gun.
I congratulate you on your spectacular looking rifle(refering to the last few pics). You've done all this work externaly and internaly, but your still running on propane or greengas?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it's rocking propane.
I thought about some sort of external gas set up, but I've never been a fan of how they look (I know it's a rubbish excuse)... Also, from the little research I've done, the parts are quite hard to source here in the UK. Putting together a complete set up would be pretty costly when postage, import tax and handling fees are all added up.
If someone has one sitting around they don't want, I've got cash waiting.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow the latest M700 paint job makes it look scary! I wouldn't want to see that rifle in the opposing team eheh

You got a 6.03 from a previous 6.01? Would you please elaborate on that? Why the change? We had a couple tightbore discussions previously and I am always looking for new point of views and experiences on the matter..without going OT of course.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 6.01 didn't really do anything except make it a hell of a lot louder.
The 6.03 was put in at the same time as a DIY nub and new bucking, so I'm not sure which mods made the difference... Groupings are a little tighter and the fliers are much closer to the target than before.
It's still rubbish as a target rifle due to the unreg'd gas.
I'll post up a target when I get the time and conditions.

*Edit*
Sorry MrOverkill, I missed your post.
I've never stripped down the G33/40 before (It's never needed it). I'll take a look at it and see if I can do it without wrecking it.
What is it you want pics of, the complete hop unit?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tanaka G33/40 Hop pics as requested. Hope they are what you wanted 'cause I ain't taking that thing apart ever again :'(

I had a spare G&G rubber set in my tool box (the original bucking is black), so I bunged that on while the gun was in bits.
In the bottom pic, the black end of the barrel should be pushed further in so it's flush with the hop housing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.