Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, I don't know where this should go. Mods, please move it to its proper location.

So, for those of you who own a KJW, you may have realized one of its weaknesses is the hop-up nub. The stock one has never performed for me, even with a fully upgraded rifle. The only way to make the KJW better was to make your own V or H Nub out of PVC. This is a very difficult process as the nub is very small.
So after some requests, I have decided that I will begin manufacturing these nubs myself and selling them. These nubs are going to be made using a precise 3-D printer and to cover the costs, they will go for around $15-20.
So far I am prototyping 4 different models. These include: V cut, H cut, C cut, and Flat cut. I will also be testing these prototypes in my personal KJW so I can give an accurate (no pun intended) description of flight path and such.
This product will be up on my company's website: KJW M700 Hop-Up Nub - Omega Precision

· Registered
244 Posts
Thats pretty awesome, I personally found that modifying the stock chamber, sanding down the mound on the inside of the bucking, and M-hopping the kjw got me the best results. I am sure the ER hop would be good in a kjw as well, but the Mhop solution is much cheaper!
Let me know when these are ready and I should be testing a couple out in a buddies kjw

· Registered
100 Posts
As I've gotten a M700 semi-recently I'm am very interested in this as I've seen the hub up nub perform not all that well.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update! Yay!

So today the nub was printed. Turns out the nub was too small for the printer to hold, so it was printed on a larger plate. The dimensions appear to be correct. Tomorrow I will edit the digital design to allow for easy cutting away from the plate (right now the nub is sitting with its side attached to the plate, hard to cut now)
Next prototype will be printed Monday, should give me enough time to digitally redesign it.

Attachments

· Registered
266 Posts
Haha... Kinda need the money, my KJW has been acting up lately and the gas hasn't been routing into the bolt D:
I need a new magwell, I shaved too much off and now the magazine wobbles too much for the connection to work.[/QUOTE

Ohh that sucks. Get it fixed and test these out! lol

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The printer has been iffy lately, it needs to be fixed. At first I thought it was the size of the nub, but when I tried to print something much larger, it still failed. Here are the outcomes of both:

Also, I am negotiating with a user here about a KJW M700 because my magwell is messed up. I am waiting for him to get back to me.
So yeah, getting the printer fixed. When that happens and I have a prototype, I will let you guys know.

· Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, here we go again:

Yes, I am still doing my best to get the printer to cooperate with me. From what I can tell, the table in which the object is printed on got off level and that causes the plastic to smudge and "drool." It may sound like an easy fix for a moving table, but the table isn't supposed to be adjustable -_-
As for my own KJW, I did recently purchase a used KJW M700 off of a user here and will be getting that later this week.
I want a finished product as much as you guys do! I am doing my best and again will try to keep you updated here.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.