Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
That rifle really needs a lot of work to make it really worth while. If you are ready to do a lot of mods to the rifle then it would be worth it.

But if you are planning on getting this I am sure that we can help you out.

Where is it that you play and why are you thinking about getting this rifle. Because I do know that over there in Washington it will get cold and the change in temp will screw with the FPS of the rifle. That is one of the main reasons why I went with the spring version of a rifle, especially up here in ND.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
There are a few gases that you could look at... such as propane, or even tap the mag for an external air source. You could then run HPA or LPA, but you would have to get a special pump to fill your tank up. Which will cost even more though.

But for the cold weather I would recommend a nice spring rifle. From warm to cold the spring will be the most consistent. But it is totally up to you of course.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking into an HPA rig or using propane. Propane would be easiest; there are no airsoft retailers around where I live. It would probably be cheapest to go with spring. I'll look into some good spring rifles.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Yeah I would suggest it. I was looking for a nice gas rifle awhile ago, but when I thought about it it turned out to not be so good. If you aren't to sure if you really want to put a ton into a rifle look at the BAR-10.

It is an identical clone of the VSR-10. I have done everything you can do to that rifle. So if any questions just ask. I am now just waiting on my piston, forgot to get one when I bought my v-trigger :(

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
There is a stud at the front of the stock. That little nub at the end of the stock.

You can get a Harris type bi-pod to clamp onto that little nub. I am sure that if you wanted a rail you could always just get a little rail and put one on. But then you would have to get another adapter to fit the bi-pod on. It is just like a normal rifle.

That little nub is also where you would attach a sling swivel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright thanks for the fast response.

I was looking at the JG BAR 10; what's the difference between the G-Spec and the normal rifle?

-

Okay, I did some Google searching and I found some info that, obviously other than the mock suppressor on the G-Spec, the G-Spec is also shorter than the normal rifle (the inner barrel, with the silencer it's longer) and the normal rifle's inner barrel is longer, so the G-Spec has less FPS. But it costs more. So why would you spend extra for it? Just for the mock suppressor?

-

I don't know if any of that info is true. That's just what I read on another forum through a Google search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.