Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is needed to make the KJW M700 a solid performing sniper? I would definitely get an HPA rig on there, but other than that, the only thing I can think of getting is a better barrel. Would there be anything else that would make it better?
I got cash, so give me the run-down of everything that you could need (except a scope and bi-pod).
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=979

·
Registered
909 Posts
Kjw m700

Here's a brief list of items that you'll need. This site and other forum are literally littered with threads like this and upgrade guides for the Tanaka rifles.

-VSR-10 bucking of your choice
-VSR-10 cut barrel
-G&G Magazine Plunger Set
-G&G striker spring
-HPA rig

I would also get a Tanaka long magazine and extend the nozzle on the bolt a tad.

This is a great thread from when Mateba decided to do a KJW M700 project:

Read through that whole thread and you'll pretty much know most things for upgrading.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kjw m700

wesley810 said:
Here's a brief list of items that you'll need. This site and other forum are literally littered with threads like this and upgrade guides for the Tanaka rifles.

-VSR-10 bucking of your choice
-VSR-10 cut barrel
-G&G Magazine Plunger Set
-G&G striker spring
-HPA rig

I would also get a Tanaka long magazine and extend the nozzle on the bolt a tad.

This is a great thread from when Mateba decided to do a KJW M700 project:

Read through that whole thread and you'll pretty much know most things for upgrading.
I'm pretty much a complete newb when it comes to gas snipers, so the thread you linked is probably the most complicated thing since calculus.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That's what I used when I first bought my KJW.

I did spend hours upon hours on google doing all kinds of research online about the rifle and upgrade threads that people had posted online.

What's confusing about his thread? The only things in it that would seem to confuse anybody is the talk about the air rig. Other than that, I though he did a great job of explaining and even giving all of the chrono measures.

Once you have taken down the rifle, you will get an understanding of it. It's really a very simple rifle with very little amount of parts.

If you have any questions about anything in particular, ask away. I feel that I might be able to answer some after having a bit of experience with my rifle.

·
Registered
909 Posts
No problem, I'll stay in tune with this thread, so if you have any questions, either post here or PM me. The air rig really is almost the easiest thing for the rifle once you read about constructing them and drilling/tapping the magazine.

You can either buy a pre-assembled Palmer's air rig, or get the parts and build yourself. Usually the just got something like this:

Tank -> Regulator -> Air Line -> Fitting Into Magazine

Some people add in a secondary regulator to keep the consistency even tighter, but I never did this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would you happen to know a thing or two about the G&G G96? I know it already comes with the G&G power upgrades, but do you know about the barrel and any of that stuff? If I get it, again, I would put an HPA rig on it, but other than that I don't know anything else

·
Registered
909 Posts
The G&G G96 is pretty much the same thing as the Tanaka rifles, excluding the magazine.

Although I've never had any hands on experience with the G96, I have read upgrade guides because I though about doing this once.

Only problem is that it has the same crappy hop-up unit as the stock Tanaka rifles. You could upgrade to the VSR conversion hop-up though. To allow that to work, you would either have to buy a KJW bolt or Tanaka bolt because of the short air nozzle of the power bolt that can't be removed.

I would say that the KJW would cost less money to get going. I actually have a KJW that I want to sell. It has the Tanaka AICS stock and a G&G Heavy barrel (acts as a full length barrel spacer). I do not have a magazine though. I bought a G&G G96 magazine hoping that it would fit, but it doesn't (yet). I'm going to mod it to fit soon though. Even if I couldn't get the magazine to fit, then the power pack parts in it would still work. I would let this rifle go for a pretty cheap price if you're interested though.

Back on subject though, an HPA rig and a bucking are really the most beneficial upgrades for this rifle. After that, I would then say a barrel, then striker spring, and then G&G parts for the magazine.

Another good thing about the KJW is that it already accepts the VSR-10 buckings unlike the Tanaka and G96, which needs the $80 hop-up conversion unit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, if I get the G96, I would need to change the hop-up unit, which wouldn't be compatible with the power bolt, so that would need to be changed also. I heard about people extending the nozzle of the power bolt. Is that just like pulling on it, or actually extending the nozzle itself by welding something on, etc.. Wouldn't the stock magazine for the G96 already have the G&G parts and striker springs etc?
If the KJW accepts VSR buckings, does that mean that it can use VSR barrels? If so, where would you fine a VSR barrel of 600mm+.
Would this be a good shopping cart for the KJW?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
That falcon barrel will be just fine. However, the long mag won't fit in the KJW without some serious modification. I spent a few hours trying to get mine to fit, and ended up cutting about half the casing off to try to get it to fit. I would instead invest in some more short mags, personally. Even broken ones, as they are perfect for converting for HPA.

·
Registered
909 Posts
flippin said:
So, if I get the G96, I would need to change the hop-up unit, which wouldn't be compatible with the power bolt, so that would need to be changed also. I heard about people extending the nozzle of the power bolt. Is that just like pulling on it, or actually extending the nozzle itself by welding something on, etc.. Wouldn't the stock magazine for the G96 already have the G&G parts and striker springs etc?
If the KJW accepts VSR buckings, does that mean that it can use VSR barrels? If so, where would you fine a VSR barrel of 600mm+.
Would this be a good shopping cart for the KJW?
That cart looks great for the KJW. I didn't realize FALCON made a hop-up unit and barrel/bucking.

For your question, the G96 power bolt's nozzle is immovable. You would have to buy the KJW or Tanaka bolt. The KJW build would save you tons of money. You don't need a 600mm+ barrel with the conversion chamber because it comes with a piece that stabilizes the 550mm VSR barrel at the end.

From what I've read, you are right about the long magazine. Just work it back and forth for a while and it should fit. I just know the G96 magazine will not fit in the G96 without extensive modification (that's what I'm working on now). I'll be putting my KJW in the commerce once I get back in town.

Good luck with the build; looking forward to seeing performance results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.