Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being my first side arm I decided I could get enough shots out of it for sub 40 degrees. I'm thinking this is what has caused leakage in my first mag. As for the second I was playing and I guess the O-ring went and the gas just sprayed out of it, this was also sub 40.

What I'm asking is, is this the cause of my mag leakage? Should I sell the pistol, or should I keep it and buy new O-rings and never field it sub 40?

Little story: Last Saturday it was 50 degrees out and I didn't have a side arm. When I got 30 feet near the enemy I got turned on and got shot from 3 different people, if I had a sidearm I would of gotten them. I was embarrassed to say the least. Anyways, thanks again!

Split

·
Registered
354 Posts
GG or propane mags sub 50 are tough man, it is usually not warm enough for the gas to expand to get any good consistancy. if any for my 1911 I wont even bother with mags sub 50 as I will be lucky to get a few shots out of them. C02 works better in the cold but still not to many shots.

That being said the cold should not be causing your mags to leak. I would replace the oring and lube it well. At one point fuzzy had a repair / maintinence thread for GBB mags which was a great guide. I will be posting a video soon which will be a repair guide I am allmost done with it so stay tuned

Also I use c02 mags for the cold days I would recommend picking one up if available

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Cold weather plus gas flowing into/out of mags quickly will cause the o-rings to freeze and shrink thus causing a gas leak. Try re-filling the mags in a warm environment.

If it's still leaking, remove and replace the o-rings. For the bottom o-rings, put a layer of RTV around them, and that will give a nice silicon seal around the o-ring and base plate and should prevent future leaks in that area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for all the help :) My O-rings are sitting in silicone right now. Once that is done I'll see if the mags will hold gas indoors. If they pass that test Ill bring them to shoot, its 60 degrees out where I live so if they hold gas they should be good to game with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.