Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is the etiquette for knife kills? What are your preferences, in terms of short range? I know some carry pistols and some carry might even carry small semi's.

Me, personally I prefer to keep it as light as possible and thought of carrying a sidearms seems the slight bit cumbersome. Maybe somebody might give me an airsoft reality check in this subject since I don't rate as many games as most of the forum.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We have what is called the 'Bang Kill' same thing as a Knife kill except you poke your pistol in their ribs and gently whisper 'bang' in their ear ;) We use it in FISH environments too, but the range can extend to about 5ft, as most will be carrying 350 fps weapons, which at point blank ranges bloody hurt ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Depends on the situation. Some guys I play with are more than cool with you slowly bringing them off their feet and bringing the training knife to the neck, or chest.. For the sake of realism. But if I'm in an unsafe area, or place with people that really just aren't in the know of how I do business.. Then what I'll most likely do is just say "Knife Kill" and touch them with the tip of the rubber knife. Sometimes people will be really cool and just call it.

I had a situation once where I set down my rifle, ran full speed across a open field to a machine gunners nest's flank, and I was about 10 feet away when he turned to see my big brown sasquatch ghillie suit wearing self standing there, holding a knife in one hand, and nothing else. He called it because he said anyone willing to run full speed at an automatic weapon with a knife, and getting that close, earns it. So that was pretty cool.

I guess if you have any specific questions, make sure they're covered during the initial briefs, so nothing is misinterpreted.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We use both bang kills and knife kills: Bang kills are dead to rights kills within 5 feet and knife kills require you to slash across their upper torso. All knives have to be rubber training knives.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We dont have these "bang kills" in Finland. Usually people use common sense when at close ranges(i.e. semiauto, shooting at the torso/leg), or take their target out with a less powerful sidearm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.