Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I am working on making a different way to route the air hose in the rifle, and I figured I would snap some pictures of the system so you guys can see what the internals look like. And to be quite honest...... I can't for the life of me figure out how the system works.

The air hose goes into the rear of the system. The first picture, just ignore the extender and the 90* bend and put the bite fitting in the end of the system. This is where the air will come into the system, and will come usually out of the butt stock. Though for me I wanted to run the hose else where, so I am going to fit the extender and the 90* bend into the rifle and run the hose out of the pistol grip. The extender is a little fat to fit into the system, so I am going to have to turn it down a little bit on my lathe, and after that everything should be golden!

I have a new air rig coming for it, so as soon as I get that I will get some pictures of the completed rifle.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This doesn't look that hard to make either though, and honestly would rather this as there are no electronics :D

But I was able to get the buffer tube attached to the rifle nice and solid. We have some really nice epoxy at work that will bond the material together just about as strong as the aluminum. It is down in my basement curing and should be ready by next week. ( Aluminum has a tear strength of around 4500 lbs, the epoxy has a tear strength of 3600 lbs )

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have drill this weekend, so I am going to be on my computer quite a bit. I am going to be getting some pricing and everything as well.

I know the original is made out of Brass, but I was going to see what would happen if you were to make the parts out of different materials. Was thinking about aluminum, delrin, stainless, and a possible combo of the materials.

When I get things figured out I will let you guys know for sure.

·
Administrator
6,189 Posts
You could do that but you'll have to mess again with electronics.

If the system is consistent enough then let it, I haven't use one so I don't know how bad or heavy the trigger is but I don't think it would be worst than the Sun Project M40!!!

Wolf

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
The trigger is atrocious... I was just thinking a simple wire coil to pull the current valve knocker back. It wouldn't even be that hard, and you could hold it in the current casing.

Besides, you could run the wires up your HPA rig and just have a battery in your backpack... Actually, I need to get working on this...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.