Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts
Discussion starter · #62 ·
yes, but there are a few things that can be changed to suit your needs. R1 is a great example. In semi-auto mode the system is technically full-automatic but the delay is in seconds to minutes. The bigger the resistor the larger the delay. 50Mohm is huge. I have used 10Mohm and still got a ROF of 1rps. I still consider this semi-auto as a practical understanding. I can shoot faster than it can. Once the circuit is opened it resets and closes once you pull the trigger again. I would put and 12v switch in place of the "jumper" and connect it to your selector plate to have select-fire through external controls. I would also get sockets for the 555 IC and transistor so they are not damaged by solder and you won't have to unsolder them if they burnout.

You are going to need a prototyping board. The simple $10 one at radio shack is fine. I would also get some tiny gage (20-22ga) lead wire and snips/strippers if you don't have them either. I used tinned high stand wire the first time and it was unnecessarily difficult. The lead wire is solid and is much easier. The circuit will allow full auto if you either turn the jumper off with switch mention above or by removing the jumper. Once removed there is no resistor to cause a delay and the POTs will be the determining factor of your ROF until you cause your solenoid to short stroke. Your LED will light up every cycle. Once you get above 20rps you can barely tell that its turning off, so its nice to have but not essential. I use the LED, I consider it a diagnostic tool as well. If you wanted to you could use a IRED and IR receiver in place of the mic on a box mag. The circuit would light the IRED and the mag's circuit would close and cause the mag to reload. You could also just put a IRED on your trigger contacts that way you have less to worry about on the circuit.

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH WAY THE COMPONENTS ARE ORIENTED IF IT MATTERS!
The diode, including the LED, matter in this way. Almost all capacitor and resistor's orientation doesn't matter.

Thanks for the quick write up man.

And I am having one heck of a time trying to find all of the parts from companies around here!

Tried a few different places only to find them not instock or not made...... So more looking around.

Ok well I just got all my part numbers!!
http://www.digikey.com/
That is the site I got them from. I have a buddy that works there, and they are only 2 hours from my house. So that is great, and their customer service is AWESOME!

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.