Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys,

Well I am looking at getting that lathe, FINALLY!!, and was wondering if there would be anyone on here that would be interested in these parts?

I am thinking about making a few of them, and if I do sell a few of the "kits" I am planning on donating some of the funds back to the individual that designed the plans.... I mean it is only right if I am going to be making money off of the plans.

So that is my main question...... who would want one of these kits? I am looking at both aluminum as well as Delrin to see if I can save some weight on them as well as speed them up a bit ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wouldn't mind one set into a M16 that is easy to switch to semi only, so I could crank up the power for a DMR. How much are you ballparking them at right now? That would be able to show the people that would be interested in it at price.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Delrin would be faster but I think they are about the same in cost. I used onlinemetals.com and if you get the 10-12" scrap lengths you can save even more money on material. I put some more videos on my thread. It should give you a better idea of a time frame per part.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have a 12' chunk of 1.25" delrin in my basement. It also helps to have a company here in my town that I can get all my materials from.

I was thinking for the material, time, and what not, was thinking around $100 for everything shipped. Atleast for now, untill I am able to get an exact time on how long it is going to take to make everything. Now mind you this would just be the internals, and not the control board or the solenoid. Though if one would want me to make a complete drop in kit we can always work something out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ah. I thought you were talking about the entire get up. It is not the machining of the parts I am worried about, as I am semi-skilled in machining. It is the whole electronic side of things that I would have problems with. But realisticly I would want to buy the whole set up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds more cost efficient than a Polarstar, even though I'd love to have one. I've been following mateba's thread, this system looks like a promising alternative. I'm definitely interested. I haven't a clue where to buy solenoids, but I'm sure Google can help me there. I can do the electronics, but don't have access to a lathe, so this would provide a good opportunity to get into it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Ha, my family is actually useful for once. I have access to a metal lathe and a grandfather who is an electrician for the government.... But I'm lazy and would rather talk to Ben about this kind of stuff instead of explaining it to my family... Ugh.. Maybe I'll sway if I ever need HPA...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They should be, though I am not sure how much it would cost at a machine shop though.

I know when I went to have one of my air rifle barrels threaded, and it cost me $100 just for the threading.

I did put some Delrin on the lathe and did some messing around with it, but honestly I am thinking aluminum is going to be much easier to turn down on the lathe. I am going to need to pick up some better bits, and some material and I can start making some things with her

I already have my buddy talked into letting me make one for his Star SL8 ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Its was not just the threading he was paying for. The threads have to be about perfect since the muzzle attachment has to be concentric with his barrel. Well Woogie, lets see some pictures of your new toy!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will get some up tonight, was spending to much time playing with her last night

It is just your basic harbor freight 7x10 mini lathe. Big enough to do what I am needing to do with her

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I have an ARES WA2000 on the way, and I am in the planning stages to try and make her a gas rifle ;) Should be able to shove all the internals into the stock, and have her looking good.

I will start a new thread with that info when I get the rifle and get started with it.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear ya man....

Been thinking about it and am thinking I should be able to use the cylinder that is already in the rifle. Just mount it solid and go from there, that way what space is already in there is the space that can be used

Going to take a cylinder that I have now, and see if I can't edit the piston and what not, and make this thing work.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I just recieved both of my rifles, and man what a pair of sexy rifles!

The WA2000 is a monster! but a great one at that. And the VSR is just pure sex!

Will get pics up in a day or so, as it was a long day at work and I am needeing to spend some time with the wife and what not.

More updates to come!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wait wait wait, you bought a lathe, ARES WA2K, AND a VSR in a span of like.... A week? Considering how much you talk about your wife complaining, this has probably thrown her off her rocker!

Can't wait to see the results

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.