Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys.

Just got done with the main fitting of the stock for the rifle. I took an AGM MP002 L96 and did a lot of grinding and cutting to make the Bar-10 to fit. Still have to do a little more cutting to get the mag to fit. But as of now she is doing good:D

Still have to give her a new coat of paint... But as of now this is what my baby looks like

The internal list is as follows..
Edgi 6.01 barrel
PDI V trigger
TM hop up chamber
Firefly bucking
custom spring guide
PDI VSR-10 BaRiKaRu-Compo VC Piston
Laylax VSR-10 Cylinder Head

What you guys think

·
Registered
225 Posts
Nice look! I have thought of doing almost the same: L96 barrel and triggerbox on a Classic stock, like the one on the Bar-10. The problem is that the mag hole is not at the same spot. other than that, it will only be some minor adjustments to the stock.

How long did it take to adjust the stock?
and could you post some pics of the stock only?

I think your gun looks great^^ but you might want to fill the gaps near the cockinghandle.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
It looks great yea but is only Grade B+ stuff to me since that size difference of shell ejection... things... between gun and stock utters me too much... =/ Otherwise it's great!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I agree with the port not lining up.. but hey what are ya gonna do..

I am still not done with her yet. Still have to do some cutting for the mag well. But the main hold down bolt was in about the same spot in this stock as it is on the bar. So that is great:D

Yeah I do plan on filling in some around the bolt handle, as well as getting rid of the cardboard under the bi-pod ;) Going to get some plastic material today and try to finish her up.

I will get some pics here today for you guys. There really isn't that much material taken out to be honest. The most that was cut and grounded was the metal block that is just under the receiver, that blocky looking thing. Had to do a bit of cutting on that to make it fit around the PDI V trigger. But that holds it down nice and tight.

Plan on foam filling the stock to take some of the vibrations out of it. Then of course doing a repaint on it. Thinking a two tone green color.

If there is anything else that you guys want some pics of just let me know....

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Hmmm... Hey, could you just cut that Bar's port to be the right size with the stock? I think it would give out the best looking result... Would eat weaken the the gun... I dunno...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I am thinking that it would weaken the gun a lot. I am going to see if i can't get some bondo and fill in the port on the stock. Make it line up like it should.

But I am off to the stores to get some goodies to finish her up

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Don't mean to piss on anyones fire but.....

Completed in August got painted in December ;) Thebauer on Arnies has done something similar to, and he used an AGM stock ;) Good job though, and welcome 2 a fairly exclusive fold

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THAT IS WHERE I SAW THIS BEFORE !!!

Good job on that ..... Just one question about that though ... how did you get the mag to work? I am planning on making really long mag pulls on mine
Any tips ?

here ya go wandal.. ;) look better

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If you refer to the picture of the mag well you will see I cut the mag catch off the original stock, including the mount block, and then just modded the stock so as the mag fitted nicely :) I need to fit some mag pulls to my mags, as last game I had to push the catch with one hand and bang the side of the stock with the other to get it to fall out ::)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Good looking AICS, guys. The only thing that I would change is the bolt handle, I can't get over how little the M700 styles are. Being a Type 96 user, there is nothing better than a fatty handle.

Do they make aftermarket handles for the VSR?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I wish I would be able to lower it a bit more into the stock. But with the position of the pins in the stock.. I can't take it any lower.

That and I still would like to use the nomal stock. So don't want to mess the reciever up or anything.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I would of liked to of got mine lower in the stock too, but in the warrior stock theres a naffing great cast metal block where the real steel mag well would have been :( It would of comprimised the strength of the stock so I left it well alone, and just put up with it looking slightly silly, but then when my gun rag is on, who can tell ?! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.