Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well you do have one thing going for you... it's a Tanaka.
They are know for making good gas weapon systems.

Unfortunately for me I live in the desert and this environment is just absolutely the worst for gas systems. But way back in the day when I started out here I used a Tanaka m40 that used a very similar mag ...

I was able to load the mag 3 time on one gas fill that's 80-90 shots.

Anyway good luck with this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah tanaka makes good gas guns but if you're going for a l96 i would look into the ares one.
I shot both a tanaka and an ares this past weekend and i prefer the ares.
Im just sayin before you buy the tanka check out the ares.
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=27357
(you can probably get it cheaper on an american website ,but this jxust shows a good overveiw of it).

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have heard some good things, and then some not so good things about Ares.

But if I am able to find some really good things about the DSR-1 I wouldn't mind getting that. ;) But what I am going for is a compact rifle I can put in a shotgun scabbard when I am running my EBR. Get to a spot and pull the rifle for the detailed work.

Plus would love to be able to still use it for the few CQB games that we play each year. That and with all the trees that we have on our fields make the short barrels ideal. That and the shorter they are the easier they are to hide when not using. ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just about all of the RHF rifles are either a Tanaka or a KJW M700... and for the price of those rifles I would wanna make damn sure I am getting a Tanaka and not the other. That and alot of the stuff that they do to the rifles you can do yourself with some tools and what not.

Still not to impressed with there rifles. They just have neat looking bodys is all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well.. you can believe that if you like.

I have ben playing out here for over 20 years originally with Paintball... then moved to Airsoft as Paintball moved towards Speedball or Spray & Pray as I like to call it.

The issues were the same in both sports... if the temperatures were below 50 degrees or over 100 degrees.. you were almost guaranteed system failure. Sure it didn't fail 100% of the time, more like 60%. But who wants to be in the parking lot fixing your weapon 2 out of the 3 time you are out playing. They just have proven themselves un-reliable... in this Area, when I traveled to southern California -- Not a problem, but you can't travel 5-6 hrs to play every weekend. So it's Mechanical and electrical systems out here. I have played Airsoft all over the United States with the Lion Claw Series I do know a thing or two.

And if you are curious this was my last Gas System...
so understand I am not talking out my ass here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old-school Classic Blowback Sun Project M16 that takes AEG mags.

The upgrades that have been installed are as follows:

* 3rd oring valve
* DG stainless steel airshaft and collar
* Adjustable hopup
* New hop rubber
* Real A2 pistol grip
* Badger Ordnance tac latch
* Replica ARMS rear flip up sight
* Replica PRI front flip up sight

* QD connectors
* Palmers regulator
* 3000 PSI HPA tank
* 20 oz CO2 bottle
* 9 oz CO2 bottle
* Scuba fill station

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.