Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my guns. Firstly here are my other than sniper-orientated guns. A JG G36c with two different red dot scopes, a laser, a normal and an Infrared torch and a captain's insignia on the side. Only the red dot sight and the Infrared torch are on it in the pic. A cheap shotgun. My belt for normal play with a drop pouch, a medic pouch and a Serpa holster. A Bell 1911 with 7 mags (One in gun and now two broken) and lastly down the bottom is a little rifle wrap for my sniper rifle.

Here are the BB's I use for my sniper rifle

Now here are pics of my UTG L96.

>I have done the following to the sniper rifle:
>Custom paint job I did myself.
>UTG upgrade kit from Evike.
>Telfon tape mod on piston head, screw and somewhere else I can't remember. Also Loctite for screws as well.
>In the silencer I put in spacers to channel air flow to make it slightly quieter.
>Put padding in the hop up to improve groupings. (I don't know how it works it just does)
>A foam mod you should be able to find if you Google it. You put high density foam in certain places in the stock and makes the gun at least 75% quieter. It did for me anyway.
>Bi-pod I bought from hobbyairsoft.
>Pop-up scope covers.
>9-Inch silencer.
>Scope sunshade/extension.
>Custom barrel spacers.
>Shotgun cheek pad and pouch.
It is shooting silently at about the 500fps mark w/.25g BB's

Im currently making a ghillie suit, woodland. I also have a Ranger outfit, a rebel outfit and am currently doing a woodland loadout.

What do ye think about my guns. Oh and thanks to Dutton for telling me how to put on pics.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
If they're being hosted as an attachment, like they are, you can only attach one per post. If you use an external photo host, such as imageshak or photobucket, you can put in multiple photos by attaching the
around the link to the photo. I'm not sure how imageshak does it, but I know photobucket will actually give you the image link.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Very interesting paintjob on the l96. Not sure if I like it or not, but I must say I cannot take my eyes off of it. Would also like to see a harris style bipod on your rifle as well. Would make it look ten times better in my opinion.

How does the Bell 1911 perform? Also, do you have any pouches for your pistol mags? I wasn't able to see any.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would put on a Harris bi-pod but I can't afford it (I'm 15, my resources are very limited
). I looked for a cheap look-a-like but couldn't find any. It's still a really good bi-pod for the price.I have the original too. I have several pouches on my kinda-ranger outfit but If I was sniping I would wear my ghillie suit in the making, the belt, holster and a pouch that isn't in that pic for mags. Also there is a mag holder on the holster.

The Bell preforms well on a warm day. The mags are crap though, buy Terecel or Army or TM. Yeah I would definitely cover the silver piston, wish they made a black one, it would look great. The paint job is it's third one. I sanded down the gun because the paint was too thick. I bought proper paint for this one and spent time at it. It feels really nice to hold on the skin. Oh and trust me, it looks better in person.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I know of some harris style bipods that run around $35. Might still be alittle expensive, especially since you already have one that serves the job well, but if you ever have some more funds available, it would be something I would look into. Its not necessary for performance, but makes the rifle look much better.

In what ways are the mags crap? Not saying that you are wrong, but might be able to help you out and make them perform better. Are they leaking? Let me know and I might be able to help you out. Did a few mods to some GBB 1911 mags a little while back.

Overall, always love a good l96. ;)

Would like to see some pictures outside if you could get a chance.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mabye when the weather improves and I have my ghillie done. But the Bell brand of the mags are usually crap. They don't hold gas very well and the lips break very easy (Two of those in the picture are broken). I have one good silver one which came with the gun and one or two of the black ones I got are good. So it's more hit and miss. But I would just be safe and get Terecel/Army/TM. Oh an I was wondering If I can post my kinda-Ranger outfit in the gallery board. Oh and a cool airsoft gun would be a Tikka T3 Tactical. They're beast if you upgrade to .308 Anyways back to airsoft. ;)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry but it wasn't working for me when I tried to modify the post. Here are the outdoor pics if the sniper rifle for Woogie. I have put on a silencer cover, headshot decal, handgrip and a happy face sticker on the gun since I took the last the last pictures. :)

Hope you like.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Lol, I have a smiley face on the inside of my lens cap too, I didn't think anyone else would have one. The gun looks good with the wrap on it, have you thought of stippling (ugg I dont think that is the right word) the grip.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you mean to put fiberglass or something on it for better grip/strength? Also yeah I wanted to put a happy face on it for ages but I couldn't find them in the shops, then I had a eureka moment...EBAY! Anywayz I like the wrap as it's very light but it does a good job. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the paintjobs randomness
, looks like it works well in your enviroment. Nice that you kept the internals nice and simple. Also your question involving the floss....You wrap the floss around the bucking and than use blue loctite to make sure the floss stays in place, you than have the best seal you can get (if done right). Sorry to get off topic

·
Registered
292 Posts
I can defiantly tell you love your rifle. I like the humor too. Nice job. Totally not trying to thread-jack but I figured I could shed some light on the stippling thing.

hidden187 said:
Lol, I have a smiley face on the inside of my lens cap too, I didn't think anyone else would have one. The gun looks good with the wrap on it, have you thought of stippling (ugg I dont think that is the right word) the grip.
Stippling is the right word. And, it basically includes making marks on the furniture to increase physical grip. You can find pistols with this from the factory or custom by individuals. I stippled my KJW M700 stock with a butane soldering iron. Some people prefer dremels. It takes some patience but using a wireless tool helps so you can move around.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'd be the tool person in my family but I definitely don't have anything to stipple with. I probably wouldn't do it then anyway in fear of my baby's appearance. Yeah I love my gun. I keep good care of her. One problem is though that she is over the Irish limit so it's loosely illegal to use lol. I am however friends with the owner of a site who said I could shoot there as long as its over 40ft. Hooray! Bad point is though it's a 4 hour drive. :( Anyway the stippling on your rifle is cool, haven't seen that before. I will definitely look into it in the future. Thanks for the info and no bother on the picture posting.( +1 4 u )

I'm guessing in Alabama the field limits are like 600fps? Lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.