Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, my callsign is HUND and I use a pretty modified l96. T
The Gun: The Body is in a matrix aw338 so it has the folding stock fluted barrel etc. I have created my own magwell and created a faux mag like a few other people have done. Inside my gun are a bunch of upgraded parts along with some custom parts that I have cnc'd. I have managed to hit targets past 300 feet with this rifle and the upgrades I have done. The funniest part about all of this is that I use the stock hopup and inner barrel(with some minor/major mods. Now I have replaced the arm with a cnc'd arm so as to not deal with it snapping and I have made it so that everything is aligned properly. I have a few things that have allowed me to get insane accuracy that I am currently keeping to myself and one day might share. But overall the large amount of money and time I have put into this gun have paid off.

The idea: I want to do two things, make my hopup quick adjust, and make the mag catch separate from the barrel and hopup.

The Reason: if I can make the mag catch locked into the body of the gun I wont have to worry about it coming loose during games etc and it wont be the only thing holding the hopup in place.
The hopup unit has a great flaw of having the mag catch screw being off center with the hopup arm causing most type 96 users the pain of off and to the left or right for the first phase of their l96 life. By having the hopup do its own thing I wont have to worry about its alignment because once its set its set. As for QA(quick adjust) hopup This will make my life much easier when trying to quickly adjust my range to hit those long range targets.

The idea, I can shave off the top of the mag catch and jbweld it into place at the right height in the body. But this leaves the problem of the hopup unit in the right place and secured. Option one for securing would to be use the same screw that held in the mag catch, shave it down and put and o ring in between it and the barrel and screw it down really tight. This would lock it in place relatively well. The next step would be QA hopup and I think I would rather do something better than glue an allen key into the adjustment screw. what do you guys think for this? Also I will post pics of the gun tomorrow along with the hopup unit and stock etc.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Since you have acces to a cnc machine, how about a rail ontop of the barrel, which extends down to the receiver and bolts down into the receiver.
This way, the barrel is seated down, you have enough room for a quick adjust (IE, a TDC-like mod in the rail itself) It would look very cool, and you can secure the hopup to it with side-screws.

Somethink like this, but further back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a really cool idea, it would also allow me to add night optics in the future. I am definitely going to look into a design of the like.

·
Registered
951 Posts
hell, if you pull it off, i'll buy one off you :p I still need to fix my nightvision to work infront or behind my scope.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a rail system I am going to use. Its a trirail that I will be cutting down and attaching, its sits on top of the body and does not touch the barrel so thats a plus, I will have enough left over that i could make a second if you are interested when you see the end result. I also have a single rail system that is lover profile but attaching would be directly to the barrel which in my mind is a no. Separating the mag catch from my barrel and making it part of the body has been completed along with locking down the hopup unit to the barrel. next step is designing the quick adjust hopup and getting the parts and cutting the rail system. Ill be posting pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you would redirect your hop up adjustment somewhere else, you might be able to use the room behind the mag-catch for some sort of framework. Perhaps even remaking the whole mag catch to run all the way to the metal block that supports the bipod stud and slingmounts.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your work! it sounds awesome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The hopup system version one is complete. Check out the album on my profile to see the photos.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I got to test it out at a practice and it makes a hell of a difference. I made so many long range kills and being able to quickly change the tragectory is so nice. I left a welt on a kid that looked like a 10mm round and I only had the smallest window to shoot through(damn brush). I am currently trying to work on the ris idea but locking it in place is hard because I still need to remove the barrel every once and a while! I also came across the problem of the mag catch being a little to tight of a fit against the mag so I am going to work on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts