Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I believe it is 499mm, at least that is what it is on the UTG mk96. For the maruzen, I would assume it is the same, but it could be a few mm off. Not over 500 mm though.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Cheese man, this is a little off topic of the original post, but is there any chance you could measure the circumference of the stock UTG mk96 inner barrel? Some say it is 6.08, others say it is 6.04, and I think a lot of people would benefit from this measurement.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Interesting. Finally someone can confirm this for me. I am not surprised that there is a variation, seeing as it is a clone rifle. But still, quite impressive. I was half expecting it to be a 6.15 or something crazy like that.

·
Registered
445 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
Interesting. Finally someone can confirm this for me. I am not surprised that there is a variation, seeing as it is a clone rifle. But still, quite impressive. I was half expecting it to be a 6.15 or something crazy like that.
Man give the clones some credit, 6.15 man a straw would be better then that. lol ::) but it is good to know that, but I dropped a 6.01 pdi in mine as soon as I got it.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I actually thought about using a straw for a little while.

Only reason I came up with that number is because on some forum a guy was talking about how the UTG m324 has a 6.15mm inner barrel. So I was not sure how that compared to the MK96.

I apologize to all the dear MK96's out there. :-*

·
Registered
445 Posts
fuzzywolly said:
I actually thought about using a straw for a little while.

Only reason I came up with that number is because on some forum a guy was talking about how the UTG m324 has a 6.15mm inner barrel. So I was not sure how that compared to the MK96.

I apologize to all the dear MK96's out there. :-*
Well the m324 is a master sniper, but the MK96 is a super leet sniper

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Hahaha, glad none of them decided to shoot at me. After all I did not have any face protection on. ::)

And this is very odd, but it turns out I will have to use my stock inner barrel/hop up for a game tomorrow. My PDI hop up is on the fritz.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Unfortunately, I have no clue. I am getting some major curve right, no matter what I do. Took the rifle apart around 15 times today, and tried numerous different things. Made sure the bucking and nubbin was aligned perfectly, everything was in tight, and in place. But still some major curve.

I cleaned the barrel, and really tightened the magazine catch down. Have not test fired it yet as it is dark right now, so hopefully at the field tomorrow it will be working.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Cheese Man said:
Do the hopup arms stick when you try to slide them past one another? The same thing happened to me - I just needed a TINY bit of Li grease on the insides of the arms to make it slide smoothly again.
Gave it a try, no luck. Will post an update in my thread about this, as to not derail this thread any longer.

Check it out, hopefully someone will be able to solve this mystery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.