Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've got a Well MB01 L96 and I've got a few upgrades in it such as an aluminum piston, ball-bearing spring guide, M170 spring, and a UTG metal trigger box. I was hoping to buy a M190 spring, but I've read that it can ruin trigger boxes, pistons and bolt cylinders if you don't upgrade your gun. With the upgrades that I have, will my gun be able to hold up with a M190 spring? I'm not worried about bolt pull difficulty.

Also I was thinking of just cutting a bit of my stock spring and throwing it either in the piston or on the bottom of the spring guide to have it in addition to my M170. I have a feeling it will increase my fps and accuracy, but are there any risks with doing this mod?

·
Registered
504 Posts
You won't EVER, need more than an M170 spring I can assure you. If you also read the forum rules they state that we do not talk about anything over the 550fps mark, which an M190 spring should go over. I'd advise you upgrade you're hop-up and inner barrel to give you more range and accuracy.

Zero

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You won't EVER, need more than an M170 spring I can assure you. If you also read the forum rules they state that we do not talk about anything over the 550fps mark, which an M190 spring should go over. I'd advise you upgrade you're hop-up and inner barrel to give you more range and accuracy.
Alright, thanks for the advice and sorry, I didn't know that the M190 shot over 550 I thought it was slightly below since my M170 shoots at 450 with .2g and I use .3g. I am planning on buying 650mm Madbull Barrel, the question is, should I get a 6.01 or a 6.03? I've heard that 6.01 is worse because the barrel is so tight that the bb can come in contact with the barrel and mess up the backspin that the hop up gives it and it's very prone to jamming. Which one should I get?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Its preference really, but with a 6.01 you should be sure to clean it regularly.... Also that's too much barrel in my opinion. You should just go with the 499.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Using two springs will be very strange, and not only could you break something, it will be extremely powerful. We are talking well over the strength of a PDI SS series spring.

If you want to boost your fps, try improving your airseal first.
Just to be a little more specific, I was planning on cutting only about an inch off, at most, of an M150 spring to use in addition to the spring I have now, but I really don't know how much power that could possibly add to my gun. Thanks for the advice by the way. I was a bit skeptical about adding a second spring and I just wanted a final opinion from someone that might know more about it than I do before I made my decision. Also, in what ways could I improve my airseal? I know a cylinder head with teflon tape on the threads improves it, but is there anything else that would help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.