Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my winter sniper loadout, I've chosen an L96 as my rifle.

After looking at some L96 clones and the TM L96, I was still convinced that the VSR's are better, and I'm a lot more familiar with the VSR's.

So my question is, is there any L96 or variant stock that will fit on a VSR-10?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I would be willing to make the argument that an l96 rifle that takes PSS96 parts can perform the same as the VSR styled rifles.

I actually like the simple style of the l96 hop up, and after much work with both, I would say the l96 is easier to work with.

If you cannot find an l96 stock for the VSR rifles, I would suggest looking into some laylax cylinder parts, an HP hop up, an AEG barrel/bucking and you are good to go. Don't be afraid to upgrade an l96. I currently am running a VSR 10, and had an l96 for three years. Ever since I sold it, I have missed it. Both rifles, if worked on will perform great!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've looked at the UTG's with PDI parts or Laylax parts. If there's not that much difference in performance I'll just get an L96 variant.

Is there a significance difference in performance when fully upgraded or not?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I never tried a SP150 in my l96, and instead stuck to a 375 fps spring, so cannot really say in terms of distance it could shoot accurately. My l96 shot solid out to 200 feet, but just didn't have the juice to go further (that is with HP hop up). With PDI, 225 feet easy, but I would say if I went the 500 fps route, I could easily hit 250 accurately.

As for the VSR, 250 feet with 500 fps spring, so its pushing the long shots with ease now.

Both can perform great, I would say with the proper upgrades and time spent you can get the same results, or close to it with either set up.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If you want an L96 receiver to fit into a VSR, or the other way around for that fact, you are going to have to do a ton of work.

I have put a Bar-10 into a L96 stock, as well as Vindi I believe.

But yes it can be done, but it takes some work.

And if you are talking about a maxed out L96 or a maxed out VSR, it is really a horse a piece. And this is especially true when you are talking about upgrading everything.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you.

I'm just looking for a different stock for winter, something that's a lot nicer to hold in cold, numb hands!

I liked the APS-2 stock, but that rifle is discontinued so I'm looking at an L96.

Thanks, Woogie. I think I'll look in to putting a VSR in to an L96 stock. Any recommendations on to which stock to get?

Once again, thanks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok thank you.

I'm just looking for a different stock for winter, something that's a lot nicer to hold in cold, numb hands!

I liked the APS-2 stock, but that rifle is discontinued so I'm looking at an L96.

Thanks, Woogie. I think I'll look in to putting a VSR in to an L96 stock. Any recommendations on to which stock to get?

Once again, thanks.
Last time I looked on ehobbyasia, they had some APS2's. Shipping would be pricey though.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wesley, I am also looking at the Type 96 rifles.

But, is the Well MB-05 stock 100% compatible with an APS-2? Because I really like that stock! Always loved pistol grips.

G

·
Just for completeness of this post should anyone else like to look into doing what both Woogie and myself have already done, and to prove it has been done, I'll add pics of my build in mock up stage.....

Painted.....

Ragged.....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow. Maybe someone should write a guide!

But then again, I guess lots of people would modify the stock to fit and I'm sure you want your to be unique. ;)

·
Registered
909 Posts
That's cool. I'm not really understanding the point of doing this unless you just really want an M700 style bolt handle, or you already have a fully upped VSR-10 and aren't looking to spend the cash to upgrade a second rifle. I mean, the Type 96 comes with a 90 degree trigger mech already that can be made strong for a cheap price, and everything else about the rifle is pretty decent once you change the hop-up.

Nice paintjob by the way; it really makes me want to get another airbrush just for the purpose of rifle paintjobs. I used to have one back when I was younger.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.