Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Lancer Tactical M82 breakdown

22K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  Kayhotic Games 
#1 · (Edited)
So finally got a littlet one to break her down and take some photos in the process. As I said before in another thread, it does appear to have atleast some SVD parts, this is my first gun teardown so I'm unsure how much is actually interchangeable. This far the piston is plastic and will need an upgrade ( getting I micrometer tomorrow and will update with measurements). The barrel will need upgraded as well though finding pre-made SVD barrels at 520mm has proven difficult to say the least. May need to special order one (maybe a bit before I can afford that).
Onto some photos:

Upon looking at the trigger assembly, does not appear as you can just drop in a zero trigger, it's sort of built in to the stock itself

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
This is the barrel and hop up. I did notice that the spacer on the end of the barrel was impossible to take off by hand, nothing to replace it with yet so did not attempt to try and take it off with anything else.

The teardown was extremely easy , just as easy to put it back together. Any questions or looking for a better picture of something specific, let me know.

#4 ·
Nice, someone finally got one with some pics. I'm curious what that second picture is though.. Rod with orange rubber cover? At first I thought it was bucking.. not! Saw spring and was pretty sure that was the spring guide. Then we get the next picture down which looked confusing. Not sure if that is a recoil bolt or spring but it is something.. Next picture down looks like the cylinder with the cylinder head. If you could be so kind as to possible remove it and give is measurements when you get the micrometer it would be great. Looks like something you would find on the SRS bolt without the pushing of the bolt. Going down to the trigger assembly it seems like pot metal of some sort and possibly proprietary. I'm sure a few good techs that are adventurous can make their own 90 part.

Razinger | The one, The only..

#5 · (Edited)
I'll be honest when I say I'm not sure what that first spring is for, the second larger spring is what is pushing the piston. I'' take a picture of the top with the parts in so you get a better idea where they came from.

Edit: forgot to mention, the outer and inner barrel is metal, though besides that and the metal weights they put in the handle and shoulder pad, it is entirely plastic. Take out the weights and the gun feels next to nothing (probably slightly heavier than my full metal gbb pistol).

With the gun completely stock, going to want to at the very least teflon tape the piston, the air seal while not terrible could be better.

#6 ·
Thank you for the pics. I just order one of these. I look forward to shooting it with .32 for a 100ft, 150ft, and 200ft accuracy test. I'll do a mag at each distance and film it. Then I'll Teflon tape, shim the barrel, and retest.

Reactions: Razinger
#7 · (Edited)
So the shiny slim guide with the orange back, is a guide for the return of the bolt / piston sleeve to home after the piston is held back? Looks like a AK type overhead guide. And BB chambering is done by hand. Getting a consistent bolt closure is going to depend on the shooter.

And that inner barrel- does it stop well behind the muzzle? Tri barrel shotgun style?

#9 · (Edited)
Yes I believe you're correct in thinking the smaller rod/spring is just a guide.

Yes this is a spring rifle so chambering is done via the bolt. The bolt locks onto the trigger when pulled back.
Mind you this gun stock, right out of the box is a really hard pull. Honestly wasn't expecting it. Definitely need your shoulder on the pad while pulling or you won't make it to the trigger lock.

This thing literally takes about 2 minutes to dissemble so any questions, let me know. I'm sure I'll have some down the road myself.

Edit: If you're looking for a quiet gun, this is not it. This thing is loud. Not sure if it can be dampened down or not, but majority of the noise comes from where the spring is, so stuffing this are may not be an option.

#8 ·
Got my micrometer today.
The diameter of the piston is 23.30 mm.
The inner diameter of the piston housing is 23.90
The outer diameter of the spring is 14.25 mm.
The inner diameter of spring is 11.00 mm.
Not sure if there's anything else important enough to measure. If there is let me know. Will be looking to upgrade this baby soon (preferably before our newborn takes what little money I do have left lol).

#11 · (Edited)
Looks like dramm got a good one. And I would recommend he immediately go Chrono that thing. I got the dark earth model. It arrived today. The good news is is functional. The bad news is it was only shooting 338 ft./s with .20's-

Dear Lancer if you're going to sell something that is advertised as 420 to 430 ft./s. Be sure that it does 420 to 430 ft per second w .20s

The good news is that I took a 140% AEG spring from an M4 upgrade and put that in and it is now shooting 390 ft./s. With .20 BBs. That's acceptable but the fact that I had to put a $14 part in a new gun to get to perform pisses me off.

Additionally you have to go through this gun and make sure that every screws tight every locking nut that you could find needs to be tightened. You will have no end of frustration if you just grab this out of the box and go play with it. The orange ring closest to the action is removable and they haven't put the keeper in yet so when you put your barrel in and you squeeze it inputs that tight spot - and you go to squeeze - ( lube it) out guess what comes off with the barrel? I have since put in the keeper bolt in and glued in that ring because it is critical to the accuracy that is available.

Now is talk about accuracy- or it's limited capacity for it. The barrel locks into place by rotating one quarter turn. The inner barrel and it's hop mechanism is not true to the full locked position. You will have to play with the gun barrel a little bit to find top dead center.
A full 15 inches of visible barrel including the blast house is completely cosmetic the barrel stops 15 inches back from the tip of the weapon. That pisses me off. And my barrel is not capped with a beautiful weighted metal tip. My barrel was capped with a hand fitted ugly fluted plastic stabilizer.

How's the gun shoot? How's it feel? Trigger is great. Heft is good. Charging the weapon is comfortable even with the heavy spring. Once you figure out top dead center it shoots pretty well. I hit targets all the way out to 200 feet today. It's a little too windy to test for accuracy. But it 150 feet I can hit an 8.5 x 11 tin all day long even in a light breeze with .32s.

The most fragile part of the gun is the magazine. You're going to have to be very careful changing magazines. And I would recommend buying an extra one for when you break the lips off.

Overall I'm in $104 delivered. I like it. I just wanted it to shoot 50 ft./s faster than it currently does.

#12 · (Edited)
Looks like dramm got a good one. And I would recommend he immediately go Chrono that thing. I got the dark earth model. It arrived today. The good news is is functional. The bad news is it was only shooting 338 ft./s with .20's-

Dear Lancer if you're going to sell something that is advertised as 420 to 430 ft./s. Be sure that it does 420 to 430 ft per second w .20s

The good news is that I took a 140% AEG spring from an M4 upgrade and put that in and it is now shooting 390 ft./s. With .20 BBs. That's acceptable but the fact that I had to put a $14 part in a new gun to get to perform pisses me off.

Additionally you have to go through this gun and make sure that every screws tight every locking nut that you could find needs to be tightened. You will have no end of frustration if you just grab this out of the box and go play with it. The orange ring closest to the action is removable and they haven't put the keeper in yet so when you put your barrel in and you squeeze it inputs that tight spot - and you go to squeeze - ( lube it) out guess what comes off with the barrel? I have since put in the keeper bolt in and glued in that ring because it is critical to the accuracy that is available.

Now is talk about accuracy- or it's limited capacity for it. The barrel locks into place by rotating one quarter turn. The inner barrel and it's hop mechanism is not true to the full locked position. You will have to play with the gun barrel a little bit to find top dead center.
A full 15 inches of visible barrel including the blast house is completely cosmetic the barrel stops 15 inches back from the tip of the weapon. That pisses me off. And my barrel is not capped with a beautiful waited metal tip. My barrel was capped with a hand fitted ugly fluted plastic stabilizer.

How's the gun shoot? How's it feel? Trigger is great. Heft is good. Charging the weapon is comfortable even with the heavy spring. Once you figure out top dead center it shoots pretty well. I hit targets all the way out to 200 feet today. It's a little too windy to test for accuracy. But it 150 feet I can hit an 8.5 x 11 tin all day long even in a light breeze with .32s.

The most fragile part of the gun is the magazine. You're going to have to be very careful changing magazines. And I would recommend buying an extra one for when you break the lips off.

Overall I'm in $104 delivered. I like it. I just wanted to shoot 50 ft./s faster than it currently does.
I don't have a chrono just yet. Either way wasn't to worried about fps out of the box as I plan on replacing most everything inside it anyway. Seems airsoftpro.cz has everything I'll need, just going to run more than I can toss in it atm. Total cost will be around $160 US not including a new barrel ( shipping included ). Still deciding if I want to go 590mm or 640mm. Either should fit with no problems in the outer barrel without extensions.

On another note, have you seen spare magazines for sale anywhere yet?

I also checked out mancraft, from the looks of it, the svd drop in kit should work just fine in here. That's something that will have to wait till next year as the internals need upgraded before I drop in a mancraft.

#13 ·
I sent a love note to Lancer documenting my problems with their product. We'll see if they respond.... I only asked for one thing. The proper spring.

#14 · (Edited)
Bad news to my love note to Lancer: the bromance is over -

On Feb 23, 2016, at 5:27 PM, Info of Lancer Tactical <info@lancertactical.com> wrote:

Hi Gary,

Opening the airsoft gun body in any way voids the warranty. If you found an issue with the airsoft gun you purchased, you should have contacted us for proper and authorized inspection and repair. Unfortunately I cannot accept this for warranty repair.

Lancer Tactical
(888)279-7776 - (Toll Free)

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Gary --- <indelible-----------.com> wrote:

Hello- I recently purchased one of your Barrett M 82 Spring airsoft rifles. Upon inspection and chrono-ing with .20 BBs, I discovered the gun shoots at 338 340 ft./s. That is well below the advertised 420-430 ft/s advertised. I also discovered that the weapon wasn't lubed and that there wasn't any QC at your factory. Numerous keeper lugs were not torqued. The piston sleeve kept in the bolt assembly was sliding freely after ten shots. I had to figure that problem out before I could chono it.

I have the gun shooting at 390ft ft/s with a spare 140% AEG spring that I had in a parts box. So:

My request - please send me the proper weight spring that should have already been in my rifle so I can see if this shoots well as it should have out of the box.

Not unhappy with the whole concept- but it has to shoot at a speed faster than my AEG.

G---

#15 · (Edited)
My reply - to the above warranty voided " You are dismissed..." Note-

( Because I'm not spending $25 to send an entire gun to you for a spring.)

Yeah- who uses your limited warranty anyway? I was giving you a chance to be amazing- a spring- the correct spring- not this nerf spring you sent in it?

But you guys know about this slow speed issue? Don't you?

What's happens when the 430 ft per second spring is in it? Does the gun crater before the 30 days are up? So ? What? You guys put a toned down spring in hoping to get all the guns past the RMA date? Is that what's happening?

Nice.

Gary

LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

#17 ·
I kno rite? I like the gun enough to hold my nose and hope it can be upgraded, and pray for spare magazines.

#18 ·
A small disappointing update, I did order the new parts from airsoftpro February 25th, they shipped on the 26th. Made it to NY customs on march 2nd where they currently sit. Haven't moved since then atleast according to the tracking. Can't wait to get the new parts in, killing me they're still stuck in customs.

Still weighing my options on barrel and hop-ups. was going to figure out the volume before settling on a barrel length and will be trying out a few different hop-ups to determine the best fit for this set-up.

As the gun sits now, currently un-fireable, think the hop-up/bucking died on me as it's feeding 2-3 at a time and rolling out the barrel. Will be taking it apart again this weekend to confirm. Any future updates on this will be moved to project guns as it'll be more appropriate there.

1IV: never got to chrono it before the feeding issues so can't say whether or not mine was good fps wise out of the box or not.

#20 ·
We're starting to see the flight from this gun now in Facebook traders and sale forums. Barrels and hop nubs are craping out- almost nobody chronoed theirs to confirm my suspicion- that this is a CQB speed gun out of the box.

#21 ·
I found a fix for speed. It is up on here and on airsoft society.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.