Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Got one from a Airsoft GI YouTube box. Been looking on line for upgrades. Does anyone have one that they upgraded? Want to see if I want to keep it or sell it to a local store and buy a LCT VSS. Thanks

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,028 Posts
Hello
Got one from a Airsoft GI YouTube box. Been looking on line for upgrades. Does anyone have one that they upgraded? Want to see if I want to keep it or sell it to a local store and buy a LCT VSS. Thanks
Takes standard m14 upgrades as far as I am aware.
M14 gearboxes are a massive pain to deal with, so I wouldn't even bother as @FMP Airsoft can attest to. You can upgrade it, but it's just difficult.

The LCT VSS is much more upgradeable. It does differ in some ways for the V3 gearbox, but takes many of the same parts.

ComponentSuggested upgrade
LCT v3 gearbox shellRadius gearbox.
Motor (short style motor)SHS or ZCI high torque
Gears (v3 style)Stock LCT gears are quite good, but you could also get a set of ZCI or SHS gears. They are decent. If you really want sturdy gears, then go for Siegteks but I think they are too expensive. Short stroke if needed.
Spring (v3 style)Prometheus spring of desired strength.
PistonStock is polymer with steel rack. No need to change. Compatible with V3 upgrade pistons.
Piston HeadStock is good. Correct aoe with plastic washers placed behind this, instead of sorbo. Replace o-ring with no.14 if leaks.
CylinderStock is good enough. No need to change.
Cylinder HeadStock is very good. Aluminium with double o-rings. Grease the o-rings with lube. (I recommend super-lube). Don't use teflon tape unless you can't avoid it.
Nozzle V3 Style- has o-ringMay need to be replaced. If so- Lonex/SHS should be decent.
Hopup unit (v3)Shim hopup unit with washers on sides of hopup arm. Maple leaf macaron bucking (60 degrees). Maple leaf nub.
BarrelStock is 6.02 brass barrel. Polish with Meguiar's car cutting compound.
Otherwise, replace with ZCI stainless steel or Lambda. Avoid Prometheus barrels.
MosfetNone stock. Either use a Perun V3 or a Gate Warfet. Both use Deans, have precock, active break and a number of functions. Avoid Gate Titans.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yep, those m14s are pretty annoying. Basic work around the gearbox isn't awful, but things take a lot of disassembly, and if you plan on opening the gearbox? Good luck, don't have any plans for the night. M4 style rifles, while I haven't done any tech work, I have disassembled, and there are much more enjoyable to work with.

If you do go with the LT, it would be good to have a second pair of hands to work on reassembling the gearbox.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts