Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sniper rifle that is on the market has the largest cylinder volume?

· Registered
4,152 Posts
I don't think there's anything with a bigger one than a VSR on the market really... definitely not one of the L96's, if the SRS pull bolt indeed lives up to the claim they made a while ago then it may the biggest one. But honestly it seems so small if I look at it :shrug:

Either way, it's not the amoeba :hehe:

· Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For those i know :

Vsr10 PDI : 33.5cc
Vsr10 PDI Bore-Up : 36.5cc
Srs Push : 28cc
Srs Pull : 41cc
So the SRS is 41cc with the Pull conversion kit? That to me is a lot more than the VSR10.

· Registered
13 Posts
This might be a good idea, to create a cylinder volume database a lot like the heavy bb database. It would at least be interesting to see a large majority of what the volumes are on the market these days.

· Registered
4,152 Posts
Yes, and you can buy directly the SRS Pull version, no need to buy the SRS Push and the conversion kit.
It's tough to beat a VSR though, cylinder volume doesn't say much, you can simply use a shorter barrel to make up for a small cylinder, but the VSR is so well supported in terms of aftermarket parts that I would say it is and will remain king of the hill when it comes to performance. The SRS has a pretty poor chamber in my opinion, so I don't really like it, even if it has a bigger cylinder :shrug:

· Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
VSR-10
PDI (22mm ID) -35.4cc
OEM (22.45mm ID) -36.8cc
PDI (23mm ID) -38.6cc
N60 (24mm ID) -42cc

ARES Striker -27.1cc

SRS push -28cc
SRS pull -41cc

Maruzen APS2/L96 -33cc

Reliku has hit the head on the nail, cylinder volume by itself is a poor metric of performance. That said, there are advantages to having a greater volume if it can be properly utilized.

· Registered
82 Posts
I just answer the initial question, I do not say one is better than the other.

But I currently have a VSR10 Full PDI and a SRS 16" Push, and my preference goes to the latter, more solid, simpler, very well thought out, I really like to play with.

But it is a purely personal feeling.

My Wolverine Bolt is almost finished, we will see what it gives.

For the hop-up chamber, the original is very good but it is really quite boring to settle.

A new hop-up chamber come this week, with fast setting, big window for R-hop...

Silverback Airsoft SRS F.A.S.T. Hop-Up Unit | Popular Airsoft

· Registered
640 Posts
Anyone know about A&K SVD spring cylinder volume ?

· Registered
779 Posts
Anyone knows the exact volume of the Vanquish and the S&T/PDI M40A3's volume? Feels that they should be larger than the VSR but I have no real values

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.