Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week end my team played another team and we lost. All because of me... :(. It first started with me and my spotter moving out to find a good observation post, we found one. It was right beside a old discing trailer and a barrel. We crawled under the discs and set up it gave us a nice over view of the field except from on point, right in front of us. The discs were right in front of a canal and if someone were to travel up it and just pop up the could have just sprayed us and we would have been dead. About 20 minutes into the game we had no activity in our area so just as my spotter reached in his puch to grab his radio. BLAM!!! Some guy popped out of the canal and shot Javier(my spotter) and I shot him in the shoulder. They both headed back to their bases to wait for the next round. I decided to relocate.

I then packed up my gear and put my veil in my hood and slide into the canal. I decided I would crawl from one side to the other. I was getting tired after about 5 minutes of tedious crawling so I stood up and and slowly crouched under a small bridge that connected 2 banks together. After a few minutes or so I got up to leave just as I stood up I heard a guy talking on the radio saying "we are crossing the bridge right now. We will be there shortly". I ducked under and heard a whole 7 guys walk right above me. As the ran away from the bridge I but my bipod down and aimed my rifle cocked it and shot, I killed one of their players. Then a guy turned around and unloaded a whole mid- cap on me. I was out.

As it turns out I was the last man stAnding and they were looking for me. They thought I was on the other side of the field. When I heard that I got very mad at myself. Any way that is something I think I shouldn't have done.

·
Registered
445 Posts
(Shrugs) Well its not your fault that none told you that you were the last man standing so, ya. Also how far away was the guys that crossed the bridge, for some one to spin and shoot at you they must have been within a close range.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was about 40 feet away give or take. I think that I could have evaded the team and got away but I don't know why I didn't. I just froze for a second, I guess I was just happy with the fact that I hit him.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a couple of concerns here.

#1 Grammer and Punctuation rules. Re-read your post.

#2 How fast is your gun shooting? I know my Sniper rifle shoots at about 540. And at that speed we have a Minimum Engagement Distance of 100ft.

Lastly, it sounds like your getting a bit impatient as a sniper. Ok you went out and set up a hide. But when you started crawling, 5 min and you were done. And then under the bridge, you admit you understood there to be no less then Seven people near you. Within 40 ft. And armed with AEGs. And yet your sprung from cover, took a single bolt action shot and then stood in place to admire your shot. Now Im not trying to be a jerk, sound like a know it all or belittle you. But, you need to chill if your going to make the sniper role work for you instead of against you.

Again I dont mean to hack on you man. But if you post an AAR (after action report) expect to get a critique. ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I agree with ronin..

If that happens again, try to stalk them.

That and at my field we play with a 50 foot MED. And yes my rifles usually shoot around the 500 fps range. All the guys I play with are ok with it, just no head shots that close.

Work on your stalking skills. And I would also invest in some radios. That way you can check who is still in or what not. Just ask for a SITREP and see who chimes in. If nothing, then you are alone and need to stay quiet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My SG R700 is being difficult and the Hop-up isn't working properly. Right now it is shooting at about 400 FPS so I can engage under 50 feet. My gun can only shoot about 150 feet accurately, so I figured I would just shoot and go from there. I have no clue why I sat still for seconds upon end admiring a 40 foot shot which was a really short distance.

As for my grammar and punctuation. I wrote this really fast being that I had to go to the store with my dad and buy my baby brother a birthday gift. I'll go and edit those mistakes immediately. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.