Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a little assistance. I've been trying to figure out if I should buy a laylax spring for my type 96. Are the springs 7 or 9mm? And should I get the 150sp or the 190sp? I have the asgi upgraded trigger box, but I'm not sure how much it is able to take. I will also be upgrading the spring guide and piston at the same time. I have about 100 dollars to spend on these items. I been doing some research, but I was wondering if someone who is experienced with laylax could help me. Id rather not learn the hard way. I've already wasted money on barrels.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think Laylax is 7mm, check to see if it fits your spring guide too. 150sp would put it to around 500fps, 190 will put it a lot higher, but you can always cut it down if it is too powerful.

With a 190 you'll probably need a new cylinder, so I'd go with the 150 if I were you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Fair point if it's for target shooting and range testing. Bear in mind, a more powerful spring will shred your internals quicker. Make sure you have decent quality sears!

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you want it to shoot that hot, I'd almost recommend PDI because of their trigger. I've heard mixed reviews about the Laylax Zero Trigger under very high FPS. I've heard of them holding up for some people and then breaking for other people. Too bad Noobie didn't make an M-Trigger for the Type 96 rifles; that was the strongest trigger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah milo thats what I was wondering because I have this triggerbox and I didn't know if anyone knew how far I could safely push it.
http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=8887

And wesley, yeah I was going to buy a zero trigger, or a v trigger, but due to timing when my stock box broke, I had no choice to buy the asgi box. I had a big yearly game to be in, and all the other boxes were either out of stock, or discountinued. So you guys think I'd be fine with a 150sp? I do have upgraded sears.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don't know about the ASGI trigger. I doubt it will cope with a rifle shooting so hot. Just buy some new sears for it, they don't cost much.

If it's for target shooting then a more powerful spring will be good because it will shoot further distances and will be less affected by the wind. But if you take it to a skirmish site people won't like you. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, but the stock box will most definitely crack with more power than a stock spring since it's made of plastic.
Yes, but I have the metal version. It's the same style, but metal. It also has upgraded sears from asgi, but I don't know how good they are. They're heat treated it says, and they look yellowish. I dont know if they're brass or if it's steel that's discolored from the heat treatment.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes, but I have the metal version. It's the same style, but metal. It also has upgraded sears from asgi, but I don't know how good they are. They're heat treated it says, and they look yellowish. I dont know if they're brass or if it's steel that's discolored from the heat treatment.
I've heard of those boxes being pretty strong, but I don't know how long it would hold with a 190sp. You don't happen to have the stock box do you? I happen to be in the market for one right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I was wondering the same thing too. But, I do not, sorry man :/. Mine broke, that's how I ended up buying the asgi box, because I was short on time, and it was a last minute replacement. Are you rebuilding a gun? Cause if not just buy a zero or a v trigger, if you can find one :/.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah I was wondering the same thing too. But, I do not, sorry man :/. Mine broke, that's how I ended up buying the asgi box, because I was short on time, and it was a last minute replacement. Are you rebuilding a gun? Cause if not just buy a zero or a v trigger, if you can find one :/.
I'm actually not rebuilding, just making a stock rifle with mostly DIY mods. I feel that this rifle is capable of a lot without expensive upgrades. I may end-up selling also since I barrely have the time to play anymore.

But yeah, I'd say go with the PDI if you want the crazy target rifle power. And if you wanna field it, just change the spring real quick.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
But the more power, the less the wind affects the flight path.
And you wont have to aim so high at long distances with a more powerful rifle either.

Cheeseman is right though, it wont increase your range.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Some people would probably have hit calling problems with the low FPS. It really depends on how you play. I like getting close to enemies, so having no MED would be nice. Once, I laid about 70ft behind the enemy base and just watched and picked people off. I had a 50ft MED that game, so things got a little tricky with ranges and all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.