1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ ssgspeedman55: is the pdi v trigger as durable as the zero trigger or is it better aside from the adustable pull;sorry for asking;still a newbie with regards to this platform

·
Registered
212 Posts
They're about as reliable as one another. From what I've heard, though the PDI's adjustability is neat-o, you can't make it as light as the Zero-trigger.

However, springs do occasionally need to be replaced inside of all triggers. The Zero-trigger is supposedly a heap of mess inside that makes it really hard, while the V-trigger is a little less complicated. Those who actually own the Zero-trigger also say that all of the disassembly instructions are in Japanese, while PDI's instructions, and their CS, are in Chinglish.

Also, ^^ yes the PDI is $150, but the Laylax is $145.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
They are both good in their own ways.

The Zero trigger will have a long trigger pull, but have a very light breaking point ( the point where the sear lets go of the piston ). The V-trigger can have a very heavy breaking point depending on the weight of the spring in the cylinder.

Where the V-trigger can really be nice is that you can adjust the length of pull, but you will still have that heavy point that you will have to get over. This can be a good thing, but also a bad thing in the same light. The heavy let off weight will cause you to pull harder, but that will also make your rifle shake. Where as the zero trigger will have a long length of pull, but the let off will be very light and help you make a shot that much more accurate.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
That is only something that you can decide.

Me personally I really like the Zero trigger over the V-trigger, just because of the extremely light pull. But others don't mind the heavy pull just there at the end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.