Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is something I started noticing with my rifle as I used it more and more. When I slide my hop up arm back to place more back spin on the bb I get less range! Any ideas what may be causing this?

I use .36 g bio bbs
Rifle is a UTG M324 that I modded to accept VSR 10 barrels and buckings
Action Army Bucking
Deepfire tight bore barrel.

Any help or ideas you may offer is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
What's your fps?

In lower fps builds or builds with a "standard" hopup (like yours), and depending on other factors such as piston speed you may not be able to lift the bb enough. When you apply more hopup the hopup causes fps loss because it is too far down, which results in even more spin being needed to generate enough lift, which requires more hop, which results in even lower fps and so on....

If that is the case here you also can not overhop your bb's... Is that the case?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About 420 on a .2 gram, completely slipped my mind that the fps might have something to do with it. :doh: I am saving up for a trigger upgrade so I can install a m150 spring, hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.