·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a trigger snob.
I demand a light crisp break.
min. preload, ZERO post travel.
ideally, 3-3.5#s of pull

The Stock AA trigger meets none of this.

What is a trigger group will provide me what I want.

Pulls are not listed anywhere that I can see.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,604 Posts
Sodium is working on one which may work out for you.
If you want a light pull, a zero trigger may work (AA Zero trigger, Laylax, TTI), however it is not that crisp since the trigger sears contact via a bearing (zero friction trigger).
The Bulltrigger seems unavailable right now (out of stock and site hacked). Try the S-trigger maybe?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seeing the design of the entire system, there will always bit a bit more resistance than real steel, so I can deal with some flaws.

To me, CMC triggers (real steel) is by far the best lazy mans trigger.
I well polished trigger and spring replacement is best.

As for the Airsoft designs, I am still investigating that. Seeing how the sear lets loose the piston is not an easy task to smooth it out with reliability(slam fire).

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah I am working on a trigger that will have extremely crisp motion, allow for an adjustable pull, adjustable guide height, and have a special zero wear system that will theoretically make the bolt pull smoother than any other trigger ever designed. Entire thing's cnced with polished and hardened steel sears/guide. Goal's to make this trigger compatible with every vsr on the market (ssg and vsr). The prototype's coming back from the shop soon. Idk what the pull weight will be till I get the prototype.

I'll be selling it for $130 on Etsy. If adding adjustable overtravel means you'll buy it , I'll add that in :) I hope to be selling within 1.5 months.

Edit: will use magnets instead of springs for infinite life.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Otherwise, I love the SCW trigger. In my experience, the guide stopper gets scratchy, but it doesn't always in every setup. You can adjust pull, idk about overtravel though.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,604 Posts
Otherwise, I love the SCW trigger. In my experience, the guide stopper gets scratchy, but it doesn't always in every setup. You can adjust pull, idk about overtravel though.
Judging by how the V7 works, you can probably stop overtravel by adding a dab of jb weld or something to this side of the pin:
Wood Gas Flooring Hardwood Circle

Might be a little tricky though.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, this will be my next tweak to this VSR.
Probably my last too.... LOL.

Played with it today. My brain went right into real steel mode. I had to stop mid pull to verify the safety was not on.
Then I remembered it had a 13lb pull weight.... LOL.
I can live with some slop, but this thing has to be around 3 lbs max. I can adjust for the rest.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After looking over the stock VSR trigger and not really seeing a net gain of what I expect from a trigger, I am trying another route.

Rectangle Font Wood Material property Technology

Due to the stock being like it be.
7# to 7.5# is ridiculous

Motor vehicle Line Automotive tire Gas Measuring instrument

Time to swap some parts 😁

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I just saw this and as I was reading through the thread, I was going to say to check out the TTI trigger. I am now using it and it works a treat.
Not sure what your meter is or how to read it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The meter reads the amount of force, it ft. lbs, that it takes to pull a trigger to the break.
So, I needed to put 7.5 pounds or force to engage the trigger. That was an average of 5 pulls, and the last 2 are showing. So 7lbs and 5.2 oz.
In other words A LOT.
A real Stock Glock is about 5.5 lbs, which sucks. But There is a reason.

The last reading on the meter is basically 1/2 oz of pressure/ force. Thats light REALLY light. In real steal, it would be dangerous.
Its good for teaching trigger discipline though. LOL

The MK23 is at about 5.5 lbs. Which is probably pretty close to realistic numbers, shit, but realistic. Funny thing is, its about 5.5 on both single action and double action. That is VERY odd.
Usually, single action is only about 70% of double action.
My favorite pistols, all have a break of about 1.75 - 2.25 on single action, and around 4 lbs for double action. Thats probably too light for "duty" use, but perfect for games.

If I could get this (TTI Trigger) to no more than 2.5 lbs it would be a freaking perfect trigger. Break is damned good. I got my 2mm of pre-travel, and ZERO over travel.
I will use it happily, just have to retrain my finger a bit.
I just dont want to get a branch or a twig jammed in there and shoot my foot, or my squadmate.
I guess I need to pull it back out and install the safety, but that OEM lever sucks. Gets in the way.
It also lets the cylinder piston loose with a bit more uuumph too. Hope it does not give me more than 10-15 fps, or I will be trimming some springs. I am about 530 FPS right now (with .20).

Its a nice dammed bit of kit and would recommend it

ETA: an easy trigger keeps the trigger jerk from throwing the point of impact off target.
That I learn from some of the best shooters in the world.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I dont have meter to check what mine is but I know mine is very light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts