Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a bit of fun, I think it would be good for people to list a gun they hate for petty or silly reasons.

It can a specific model or whole product line. We don't care if it's because of the trigger shape, color of a screw, let's hear it.

I'm start Glocks, because they are just too small and square.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Heavy as balls, doesn't hold many shots

Pump shotguns
Not as cool as semi

PCCs
An SMG but with no full auto, sorta dumb when a brace and pistol exist

M14s
Don't look very cool and are really heavy for what they do

MK23
Super fat, but I own one since it's the best in it's class

GBB anything
Because mags are heavy and expensive, or even more expensive just for an aluminum mag.
I like WE's thinking on the plastic Galaxy mags, no brainer

Any M4 without M-LOK or a round tube handguard

The standard hunting rifle/M700/VSR-10 for it's stock

The MTW because the engines are lacking

M4s with a forward assist because they look dumb and are useless irl

And that's about all I can think of, but there's definitely more.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I hate AEGs because I hate big ass batteries that die. Also 99% of AEGs at the field sound like robots. The sound. Ohhhh the sound. 😩

edit, sorry wasn’t a specific model
I’d say the feather weight saw because I held one in person and it’s soooo janky and the kid who owned it said it was broken. The section between box mag and hop chamber was busted off so the mag just fed into the gun until it was filled with bbs. The end. Lmao.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bullpups replicas, they look ugly.
Every cheap replica below 80$. For their poor build quality and toy feeling when you play with them.
M14 EBR full metal: heavy like hell. Saw one in a game, hold it and felt sorry for the guy that was playing with it.
Science fiction pistols. For example the M712 Star Wars Smuggler Blaster. Except Shince's revolver who posted a steampunk style master piece pistol.
SCAR H-Ls for their "fat" looks.
P-90s with long barrels.
Cyma's VSR clone. From the factory production line, this rifle is for carbage.
Barret: Too long and too heavy.
Cheytac M200: Too long, too heavy, bad performance.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Agree with 1911's. I don't know why everyone wants one, that and Hi Capa's. I'll take my 25rd P-09 over your 14rd 1911 any day.

Agree with AEG's. Mainly just for recording purposes, I find them unwatchable. Nobody likes the sound of AEG's, and having to hear the gearbox whine and the camera vibrations on every shot, it's just unwatchable.

.... VSR's. I've been vocal about this, but I'll explain myself - I know they're good. They're the most customizable sniper platform in the airsoft world, but everyone has one. I like a little variety, and things like some big 'ol magazines rather than the VSR magazines and similar.

With that, Novvy lineup. I get the appeal, but I still feel cheated by them. Airsoft Sniping has been a "right of passage" - buy a decent sniper that shoots sub-400FPS, and learn to tune and upgrade it until it's your perfect rifle. Sure there's been rifles that have been marketed as "pre-upgraded", but not to the extent of Novvy's.

Any pistol that's... well, HPA tapped via M4 Magazine Adapters. I see airsoft as a bit of a spectrum, ranging from Milsim Realism, to casuals, to sci-fi, to speedsoft. I fit more along the casuals side, I'm not going to run NATO specific weapons or anything, but I'm not going to go down M4 magazine in pistol route either. I like a degree of 'realism', but whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
662 Posts
GBB anything
Because mags are heavy and expensive, or even more expensive just for an aluminum mag.
I like WE's thinking on the plastic Galaxy mags, no brainer
Nobody uses plastic mags for good reasons known for a long time - they are good insulators themselves which is something you don't want for a gas mag, because that means GBBs can't warm up as quickly and cools off really soon, ruining performance for follow up shots.
This is why literally nobody is outdoing Marui M4 GBB magazines so far with their fancy PMAGs, exactly because the PMAG shells insulates the magazines too well which reduces the rate of liquid gas evaporation. Full out plastic mags, if they do exist is a horrible idea WE did a big oopsie with that.

Thread tax:
If I have to pick, maybe the MK23. It's useless in the fields i play due to having absolutely no way to use its stealth (zero cover, no tunnel, almost only face to face position holding firefights), it's huge, it requires a completely proprietary holster, and has a trigger so heavy you can probably train your trigger finger muscles with it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Never considered that, good to know.
Wish that there were aluminum mags tho, even cast, you'd probably have better heat properties and not have a mag that weighs as much as the gun.
I know that there's Guarder ones that need you to have a TM mag for the valves, and the ProWins that are super rare and only for Hi-Capas, but for other guns that would be really awesome.

The MK23's only use is it's stealth, which is useless indoors most of the time, so you definitely wouldn't want one.
The trigger pull is definitely bad, but not nearly as heavy as people say, it's just needlessly long with like 6mm of it being slop where nothing actually moves.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a fan of the mk23 yes it's quiet and can be made to shot long range but it's just not cool,

The lack of gbb and boring shape and nearly everyone's look identical.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yeah, HPA can suck worse than AEG, but if you stretch it to it's max then it's better than AEG, but not by too much.

I like it because my gun is light weight, quiet, and doesn't really need maintenance except for like once every year, but that's about it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Never considered that, good to know.
Wish that there were aluminum mags tho, even cast, you'd probably have better heat properties and not have a mag that weighs as much as the gun.
I know that there's Guarder ones that need you to have a TM mag for the valves, and the ProWins that are super rare and only for Hi-Capas, but for other guns that would be really awesome.

The MK23's only use is it's stealth, which is useless indoors most of the time, so you definitely wouldn't want one.
The trigger pull is definitely bad, but not nearly as heavy as people say, it's just needlessly long with like 6mm of it being slop where nothing actually moves.
The Prowin ones are hot garbage that leaks all the time and uses all proprietary valves that are a bitch and half to repair.

The Guarder ones are cheaper, and since Guarder makes everything up to the very screws and pins for the entire magazine you can build a full Guarder mag and they do perform pretty well (using a donor Marui mag also works)
But in practice they misfeed a lot, and also tend to cool notably sooner than pot metal ones possibly due to lower thermal capacity.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
The grip on SVUs, I have held bricks that are more ergonomic and comfortable then that.

The battery space on the MLOK version of the SVU, terrible and can only use stick batteries or butterflies. Also kind of a pain in the ass to get to.

Battery space in most PDWs.

·
Registered
790 Posts
That weird "star" rifle or whatever. Looks like a chunky plastic turd.

Tokyo Marui guns. Okay, this one is controversial, but there is no way you are convincing me to spend 450 bucks for a plastic rifle.

Any fancy Asian brand that tries to create a spring pistol to you and sell it for 150.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts