Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread, as this is the section apparently reserved for DMRs, but my base gun isn't an AEG.:shrug:

I am entirely, completely sick and tired of dragging around my 15.5lb EBR for 6-hr events. I am going to be getting something lighter now...So, now that you are wondering what my base gun is, I'll tell you: the KJW KC-02 (V2). Right away, I want to tell you that this is my first GBB non-pistol. If I should be getting a simpler or cheaper GBBR, please tell me so! My plan for DMR-erizing it is as follows:

Right off the bat, I will be converting it to HPA. This should get me a constant and adjustable fps. I have seen no replacement hopup system for it, but from what I have heard and seen, the stock hopup seems to be OK. That over, I will be getting a 430mm 'miracle barrel' from ASGI. I will be flat hopping this, as r-hops in 'miracle barrels' tend to cause pinch-jams. Externally, I plan only to change the stock for a fixed skeleton-style stock, or perhaps this one: (Steel LR300 Style Skeleton Folding Stock for M4 / M16 Series Airsoft AEG), as can be found on Evike. If there are any immediately obvious problems with this build, please notify me immediately! If I have somehow overlooked the correct section for this thread, please tell me and I will move it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I did something like that except using a tm mk23 as the base

the problem you'll run into is gbb systems inherently have a lot more inconsistency than non bb systems but you should be able to get reasonable accuracy out of it

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you convert it to hpa, it should be quite consistent. The only inconsistency will be caused by the gbb system itself, hitting the valves etc.
its likely i'm pickier than you, blowback systems work by diverting air into the blowback once the bb leaves the front of the nozzle (in most guns)
so your gas usage is determined by how quickly that system blows back, and there are too many variables (friction on dozens of parts, lubrication, springs, ect) to be /really/ consistent

·
Registered
114 Posts
its likely i'm pickier than you, blowback systems work by diverting air into the blowback once the bb leaves the front of the nozzle (in most guns)
so your gas usage is determined by how quickly that system blows back, and there are too many variables (friction on dozens of parts, lubrication, springs, ect) to be /really/ consistent
Electric..... also inherently inconsistent and the kco2 as well as the mk23 are both nbbs. The mk23 is known as a sniper pistol for its reliability, accuracy, and consistency.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, the KC-02 is a GBB, I was specifically looking for a GBB to HPA, and this seemed the best choice.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The KC02 fits in to most 10/22 stocks with minimal effort. The laminated stocks are very light weight compared to the stock one, cutting the overall weight almost in half. Mine is in a Dr Frankenruger Paladin stock, others have used the Boyds stocks.

This hopup chamber is available to allow the use of VSR barrels/buckings: KJW KC-02 VSR Compatible Hop Up and Barrel Chamber by TopHatRunner on Shapeways

RaTech makes a number of steel internal parts you may wish to look in to if going HPA.

There is also a KC02 owners group on Facebook where a number of custom internals can be sourced.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I picked up a kc-o2 and it works fairly well. Just make sure you get a generation 2 with the longer mags if you can manage to do that. They have the hop screw fixed. In my gen 1, the hop screw does not reach the hop nub so I cannot apply enough force to the nub to get consistent hop up.

Either way, great little guns, very lightweight. I added a hollow m14 suppressor on the end of it with some foam and it dampens the sound pretty well. My gen 1 did not come with an adapter tip, so I just stuffed the suppressor on there nice and tight with electrical tape between it and the barrel, fits snug and works great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey.

I use KC-02 as an DMR.
I have a ra-tec 455mm innerbarrel. Kevin piston. and hpa. its a awsome gun too shot. head size targets from 60-70m every shot... :cheers:

images upload

I also think you should see the KC-02 owners group on facebook. every thing you need to know stands in the faq there.

Happy Hunting...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.