Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So I'm beginning to make my first ghillie suit. As the title says, I would like to make a ghillie that is as light as possible. I dont want an all over ghillie. I need something that is open at the front to allow access to my vest underneath. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You could make a drape on ghillie using just the net and jute without attaching it to any cloth, then using clips to attach it to your sleeves, shoulders, and pants. You could also attach the net and jute to the back of your vest and leave that space on your shirt without jute.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ghillie Kit

Hi all,
So I'm beginning to make my first ghillie suit. As the title says, I would like to make a ghillie that is as light as possible. I dont want an all over ghillie. I need something that is open at the front to allow access to my vest underneath. Any ideas guys?
Since this is your first try at building a ghillie suit I suggest you use a kit. It will come with everything you need including instructions. http://www.ghilliesandstuff.com/sto...l-Tracker-Kit--Synthetic-Custom_41397869.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi all,
https://www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.c...product_info&cPath=649_1209&products_id=10097

This is great for a lightweight ghillie, gives you access to all your front pouches, and comes with a pouch for a hydration carrier. I bet you could even get to some pouches on a duty belt if they were orientated forward enough. I have seen these suits in action and they work well. And if you really want to put in burlap you can still tie in strands where ever you please. It makes you look really cool too. As long as you have this cool mustache.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Just do what I did....

Take an old BDU top and cut the back out. Then find an older under armor shirt and use that fabric as the "pannels". Then add your netting and use camo netting for the "ghillie'.

This makes a very light weight ghillie, while still looking good!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just do what I did....

Take an old BDU top and cut the back out. Then find an older under armor shirt and use that fabric as the "pannels". Then add your netting and use camo netting for the "ghillie'.

This makes a very light weight ghillie, while still looking good!
That seems like a good idea. And I've heard of people making their own tog.

I've used these before too
http://www.nhwoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=740

They work pretty good. Of course, you could always buy 1" strip elastic from joann fabrics for a few bucks. I've seen the elastic in tan, olive, and black. Then get some shoo goo, and put a pea sized amount of goop every 1" across the area you want to attach the elastic too. This makes a MOLLE type look with elastic on the back of whatever platform you decide to use for your ghillie. This works great too and shoo goo is STRONG. I don't even see the point in sewing if your going to use shoo goo.

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm probably gonna try and finish mine using the method in the video. Then I'll post some pictures and you guys can tell me what you think. Till then keep the ideas coming.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.