Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Newer batteries have a coating around them that prohibits fires, I've had lipo batteries for almost 3 years now, and I leave the batteries connected all the time. The only time they aren't connected is when I need to charge them.

So the point where you say they are prone to fire only counts for dirt-cheap unstable batteries that use old technology. I use Azimuth and GePower 7.4V batteries that cost $20 each. Never had any issues with them and after 3 years all 5 batteries I have still function flawlessly.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My point that it doesn't catch fire just by leaving them in a gun stands.

Regarding the coating: I stand corrected, it's just that most batteries now comes with a flame- and leak-inhibiting bag that you had to buy as an accessory earlier.

As for pictures: Give me a few, a friend of mine short circuited one a year ago and it just puffed up. I agree that you have to be aware of the potential risks, but you play it out as though it's a given and that they are deathtraps unless you know exactly what you do. I personally recommend most people to get them as the technology have gotten far since they came into the airsoft-world 5 years ago (or about that)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.