Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have an external rig for my sniper. New rules have been introduced to my community stating that I have to have a locking system on my regulator. Could someone give me advice/ ideas on how to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Here is my regulator:

·
Registered
10 Posts
you could try blue (breakable) threadlocker,or wax seal like you see on some high dollar alchohals,but all this does is prove that you have not tampered with the psi since chrono, but doesnt prevent it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Foxtrot1: Start posting to our standards or a mods going to give you a nice long vaycay.

2MBBs: Most insured fields won't allow it as it could still be tampered with. Most PB tournaments require them so I'd check a local PB store about one, but then you'd have to give the field the key to the reg so you can't change it. Really sucks big time for ya man. Cost a bit of coin too because it may have to be a whole new reg.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You might want to consider tamper evident thread paint, not threadlock. Its not hard to get off, but its obvious when its been moved. You could have a ref initial it with a fine point sharpie after its dried. I use it on my reg from time to time. You can find tubes in assorted colors on mcmastercarr for $5. Have you tried calling Palmer Pursuits?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't see an issue with it, but I doubt the guys at your chrono station and I would see eye to eye. Palmer's is correct though. A set screw would be harder to manipulate. You would need an allen key but by having one would also make it easier to use the tamper evident paint too. I was wrong about the price though, 1/2oz tubes are under $3. http://www.mcmaster.com/#tamper-evident-paint/=dy7a3p

Of course a nut on the new set screw could be used as a jam-nut which would be just as good as any tourny lock. You would need two tools and more TE paint to change you reg.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Take a nut that threads on the new set screw and use a wrench to get it more than hand tight. This will prevent the set screw from going any further into the reg without taking the nut off first. Use a little thread paint for obvious reasons and I don't think an OP host would have a problem. At least you took the time to put up with their hassle. They treating other GBBR and PTW users the same?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mateba said:
Take a nut that threads on the new set screw and use a wrench to get it more than hand tight. This will prevent the set screw from going any further into the reg without taking the nut off first. Use a little thread paint for obvious reasons and I don't think an OP host would have a problem. At least you took the time to put up with their hassle. They treating other GBBR and PTW users the same?
HPA GBBR yes, PTW maybe? But the new product that has the adjustable piston is not allowed.

Wouldn'y just be able to screw the bolt all the way over the set screw, like it wouldn't stop tightening?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.