Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
My current theory is that a longer cylinder is more air efficient than a shorter wider one. (Assuming air volume is the same).

Because it's longer it should take longer for the piston to release and reach cylinder head (so use all air volume). Also as a side effect with a more efficient setup weaker springs can be used.

Now only proof of this I have is the fact that type96 rifles can use longer barrels than a vsr even though they have slightly less volume. And a longer barrel is theoretically going to provide more output energy if matched to cylinder air volume correctly.

But again mostly theory at this point as no one has truly tested

· Registered
567 Posts
So in theory APS2 system with as much volume as a VSR could perform even better than VSR?
Wouldn't say better more like more efficient as longer barrel that can be used effectively=more time for bb to gain energy=lower powered spring needed=quieter and easier.

Logically I would assume that a minimum air volume is needed to launch each BB weight (heavier=more volume) but no on has tested that yet and both platforms handle current weights without issue it seems.

Wonder if anyone with a striker could chime in if they've had trouble with heavyweights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts